Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buzz

To blame Larry Williams for the demise of the old Big East is like blaming a passenger on the titanic for the exisitence of Icebergs

More shocked than when Crean left. The University gets rid of Pilarz and Larry Williams in large part because of Buzz. Now he wants to leave for a football-first school. If this is true, he will regret this move.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    More shocked than when Crean left. The University gets rid of Pilarz and Larry Williams in large part because of Buzz. Now he wants to leave for a football-first school. If this is true, he will regret this move.
    That is what bothers me most. IWB calls it "crap", well, I call what buzz has said over the years "crap".

Kevin Oneill was interviewed by Dennis Krause recently. He said one of his dumbest moves was leaving MU for Tennessee. Oneill said if he did it over, would have stayed at MU. He said MU is a perennial Top 25-30 program in basketball (not this year)....that it is a "basketball" school. Virginia Tech???????????

I am sure the Matthews recruiting situation and Chicago/Nike situation didn't help him feel positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    I am sure the Matthews recruiting situation and Chicago/Nike situation didn't help him feel positive.
    So he went to Va Tech? Huh?

In the fall, Chicago luncheon? Someone mentioned Buzz was saying "Us" and "We" more than any other time they can remember. Pilarz was out and Larry soon to be. Buzz gets Luke Fischer out of nowhere, he is in on Diamond Stone........all to leave?

I want Howland. Who else could salvage our recruiting? I'd bet dollars to donuts Malek Harris commits to Va Tech any day now. Guessing Ahmed Hill follows suit. I could not be more irate right now.

Doug Russell ‏@RussellOnSports 1m
    Buzz Williams confirms via his cellphone message that he is not longer at Marquette and can be reached at Virginia Tech.

Duane Wilson, Deonte Burton, Ahmed Hill, Luke Fischer, John Dawson......promising young players he is going to leave behind?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast