Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Shaka Smart

Get Shaka Smart

Isn't Marquette his dream job? I want full court pressure with our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Isn't Marquette his dream job? I want full court pressure with our guys.
    Does this speed up the AD search? I'd think that piece of the puzzle needs to be finalized first.

I just posted the same thing on the insiders board, Crisco

If we gave Buzz 2.8, offer Shaka 3 million

I would take Shaka in a heartbeat.

Give Broeker the AD job and hire Shaka immediately. Knowing how MU works they'll wait out the president search though and it'll be too late to save the recruiting class. I'm not opposed to Chew staying here and stepping it up either for that matter.

I'd pass on Smart. Hasn't impressed much as a recruiter and seems like more of a gimmick coach succeeding in a small conference. I'd like Howland first. Great recruiter and has had success at multiple stops. Never should have been canned at UCLA.

Smart is improving his recruiting. Still a Howland fan. Just irritated right now.

They run the same press at Louisville and Florida. I'm not sure if I would call that a gimmick. We all have our tastes, but I do not want Howland. I do not want to play that style.

Shaka Smart and Gregg Marshall were my first 2 thoughts.....but Marshall seems to love Wichita State and Smart turned down UCLA.

Did Smart grow up in Wisconsin? If so, he may be the type of coach that could keep Ahmed Hill from bolting.

I'll say it again. Build the men's basketball living residence. MU needs every asset at its disposal and more to keep coaches and get top-level recruits.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast