Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NCAA Tourney Thread

Official NCAA Tourney Thread

We should probably have one of these to keep the board clean. Normally, I don't complain about the announcers because I hardly notice them, but Doug Gottlieb is really annoying.

I was just thinking the same thing Crisco!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing Crisco!
    Great minds...

Only four games in and Harvard just cost me $1 Billion.

Four games and already two double digit seeds have wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Only four games in and Harvard just cost me $1 Billion.

Four games and already two double digit seeds have wins.
    Called March "Madness" for a reason

I think Gottlieb is actually a great color commentator, where he can use his knowledge in a positive manner and has to keep his jerk tendencies in reserve. Doug loves himself Doug, but does know a lot about the game and is good at analyzing the game action.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think Gottlieb is actually a great color commentator, where he can use his knowledge in a positive manner and has to keep his jerk tendencies in reserve. Doug loves himself Doug, but does know a lot about the game and is good at analyzing the game action.
    I found myself disagreeing with him a lot.

Example: Harvard had the lead with the little point guard driving in transition. Sure, there was an open lane, but he had two bigger guys close to him. The point guard made the smart move by pulling it out and taking time off the clock, which is your friend at the point in the game. Instead, Gottleib wanted him to drive and shoot a risky layup with no other guys there to rebound.

Big 10 has already lost two games (Iowa and Ohio State).
    Wisconsin wins big and I'd expect the two Michigans to do so as well. Nebraska will be interesting.

Florida has the worst uniforms I have seen since K-State in '81.

Seriously, how can the NCAA have banned any of Al McGuire's uniforms and allow these?
    Last edited by IWB; 03-20-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast