Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pearl to Auburn

Wonder if BC is kicking themselves. Pearl is an alum, and would have been a trip in the ACC compared to K, Boeheim, and Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    War Eagle.
    By the way, having been to Auburn, I can tell you that when he yelled "War Eagle" to the crowd......he did it wrong.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Fr. Leahy would never touch Pearl. He wouldn't want someone with that baggage.

The house was in his name so the gift would be free rent? Or does banging Bruce Pearl on the side make it income to the mistress?

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Hmmm. OK, so the tax payment is a gift, which has to be combined with other gifts to the mistress, has to be below the annual exclusion to avoid any gift tax issues. Alternatively, it's compensation for services rendered (heh). If so, I presume she's subject to self-employment tax.

Either way, it's a curious case study on the tax consequences of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    that's freakin awesome....unless you are bruce pearl.
    Goddam it Ziggy, I was taking a sip of something and then had to read this. Your getting my drycleaning bill.

yikes 2.2 Mill a year for him? that can't make AD's across the country happy.

I think that was to be expected Rajl, with TV revenues going up so drastically schools have more money to float around and 2.2 million a year isn't much to them if it improves their program they will earn that back in no time. The days of a basketball coach earning over $2 million and being one of the top paid are coming to a close, it's now becoming the going rate for any coach that has any type of quality experience...

And I read somewhere that there is an Automatic ANNUAL raise of $100K. So that makes his salary 2.8 mil the last year of his contract...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123