Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buzz On CBS Next

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    I'd just like to say F you to all the Badger fans that rip Buzz and call him scuzz etc. They can kiss my ass. You know what?? When I woke up this morning, on typically my favorite day of the year(Selection Sunday), and knowing MU wasn't going to be a part of it, I didn't know how I'd get through the day. Then I watched this video, I cried, and it put things in perspective for me. As far as I'm concerned, MU IS the true national champion.
    Yeah, there are some losers over there. I think it is mostly a handful who just have a ridiculous irrational hatred for Marquette. For some, it is a need to feel superior to somebody, or the need to identify so strongly with a college athletic team that they feel a need to despise all rivals. For some, it is nothing more than anti-Catholic bigotry. The one that sticks out to me is the guy who went to UWM undergrad and is still furious that Marquette doesn't want to give them a home game any time soon. His latest obsession is how Jake Thomas was kicked off the team last year and deprived of his promised scholarship to make way for a freshman, and only got it back when Blue went pro. I am sure it did not help his mood when Jake quit considering spending his last year at UWM. Of course, anybody who paid any attention to the matter realizes that Jake was supposed to be a walk-on, but ended up on scholarship for three years. Boy, that is a raw deal! One of the people there saw the earlier article about Buzz's Bunch and compared Buzz to Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer. What a pathetic bunch of people!

But of course, they are a fringe minority. Few UW fans, and even fewer UW alums, think that way. Yes, there are going to be a good bunch who denigrate the Marquette program, but they can mostly be ignored,and they will mostly stop if you ignore them. And the debates in offices will continue. We will have our bragging rights soon enough. UW is a fine university. There are things there one cannot get at Marquette. What UW supporters do not understand, and some truly resent, is that there are things at Marquette that one cannot get at UW, like an emphasis and respect for faith. That is the thing that allows someone like Buzz to thrive at Marquette, when he might not elsewhere. That is why Marquette fans can be proud of him if his team finishes 17-13. That is something some blind UW fans are never going to understand, poor bastards. They are people we should choose to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    Yeah, there are some losers over there. I think it is mostly a handful who just have a ridiculous irrational hatred for Marquette. For some, it is a need to feel superior to somebody, or the need to identify so strongly with a college athletic team that they feel a need to despise all rivals. For some, it is nothing more than anti-Catholic bigotry. The one that sticks out to me is the guy who went to UWM undergrad and is still furious that Marquette doesn't want to give them a home game any time soon. His latest obsession is how Jake Thomas was kicked off the team last year and deprived of his promised scholarship to make way for a freshman, and only got it back when Blue went pro. I am sure it did not help his mood when Jake quit considering spending his last year at UWM. Of course, anybody who paid any attention to the matter realizes that Jake was supposed to be a walk-on, but ended up on scholarship for three years. Boy, that is a raw deal! One of the people there saw the earlier article about Buzz's Bunch and compared Buzz to Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer. What a pathetic bunch of people!

But of course, they are a fringe minority. Few UW fans, and even fewer UW alums, think that way. Yes, there are going to be a good bunch who denigrate the Marquette program, but they can mostly be ignored,and they will mostly stop if you ignore them. And the debates in offices will continue. We will have our bragging rights soon enough. UW is a fine university. There are things there one cannot get at Marquette. What UW supporters do not understand, and some truly resent, is that there are things at Marquette that one cannot get at UW, like an emphasis and respect for faith. That is the thing that allows someone like Buzz to thrive at Marquette, when he might not elsewhere. That is why Marquette fans can be proud of him if his team finishes 17-13. That is something some blind UW fans are never going to understand, poor bastards. They are people we should choose to ignore.
    Living in Madison, I disagree. It is a broader spectrum than you allude to. They take the idiots comments as gospel.

I tweeted out a link to the CBS segment and a Badger fan responded with a link to the Tribune article from a few years ago........it really is sad

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I tweeted out a link to the CBS segment and a Badger fan responded with a link to the Tribune article from a few years ago........it really is sad
    same here

That idiot has yet to tweet me back, but I would tweet him the Bo Ryan-Olive Garden rumors from the Iowa board. They are equally as relevant.

Who is tweeting that from UW?

Here is the loser.....

Bob Peterson ‏@BobPeterson01 1h
    @MarkKahnWI @todd_marohl http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ult-policies/3 … What is this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Living in Madison, I disagree. It is a broader spectrum than you allude to. They take the idiots comments as gospel.
    I work with a ton of Badger alums. More of them are in the fringe than not in my experience.

When MU was beaten this week, the UWM undergrad had this to say, "It couldn't happen to a finer leader of men and trainer of husbands."

As was mentioned in the story, Buzz says there are a lot of coaches doing things and Bo Ryan raises a ton of money for cancer research. No need to pile on and I appreciate what Bo Ryan is doing outside of his basketball exploits.

When the SMU situation was going on, Buzz said "I'm not leaving Chris/Jae/Junior, etc."

I wonder how hard it would be to leave these kids...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast