Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    I stopped watching college football about 3 years ago - partly as my way of protesting how it corrupted college athletics and forced all the unnecessary conference realignment, but mostly just because I really don't care about the sport anymore (until they get to the NFL).
    I'm with you DC for the same reasons, but I feel much the same way about the NFL. I'm a Bills fan and you don't get many Bills games out here in Chicago, but beyond that it is so overexposed (ESPN seems like an extension of the NFL Network) and they take themselves so damn seriously - instead of just saying NFL they have to say it in full " National Football League". Plus I miss the running game - used to think it was too much running now things have swung too far the other way - like watching a pinball game.

I don't remember the last time I've watched a college or NFL game from start to finish - especially college with games routinely going seemingly 3 1/2 - 4 hours long.

All that and the Bills have sucked for too long. Get better Jim Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I'm with you DC for the same reasons, but I feel much the same way about the NFL. I'm a Bills fan and you don't get many Bills games out here in Chicago, but beyond that it is so overexposed (ESPN seems like an extension of the NFL Network) and they take themselves so damn seriously - instead of just saying NFL they have to say it in full " National Football League". Plus I miss the running game - used to think it was too much running now things have swung too far the other way - like watching a pinball game.

I don't remember the last time I've watched a college or NFL game from start to finish - especially college with games routinely going seemingly 3 1/2 - 4 hours long.

All that and the Bills have sucked for too long. Get better Jim Kelly.
    Football's only purpose is to keep your brain warm between the World Series and spring training. Signed, a fair-weather Bears fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12