Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We dont even make the NIT

We dont even make the NIT

What a disaster and absolute embarrassment of a season

Neither did indiana. CBI vs crean?
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Thank God it's over.

I am not all that surprised. There were only 20 spots available and a lot of teams looking for them.

Broeker tweeted that they won't be participating in any other tournaments... The season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Drbchilds View Post
    What a disaster and absolute embarrassment of a season
    Doc, I am surprised at your statement. Vander, Jameel, Duane, Steve injuries, Todd injuries have left this team shorthanded. 14 "good" losses of 15. Other than 3 games, this team was there until the end. Frustrating, yeah. Embarrassing, I don't think so.

No Indiana, MU, Boise State, UNLV, Ohio, Maryland, Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

Eh....we aren't missing much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Eh....we aren't missing much.
    True. A fair number of schools apparently turned it down. On the Scoop board, someone in the Texas A+M board said that it was a close call there, and in the end, they decided to let the team keep playing. I expect hosting the NCAA tournament made it difficult this year, but I suspect that most years, it would just be more trouble than it is worth. These tournaments are not bad if your team never gets to go anywhere, or if you are rebuilding a program, but they are no great deal either. The CIT at least gives mid-majors a place to play among similar teams. I am not sure the CBI is going to last.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast