Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise NCAA Selection

Surprise NCAA Selection

The one team that I guarantee that none of the bracketologists are considering but has historical precedent of getting in is Belmont. They outright won their league, have the win at North Carolina, a strong overall road/neutral record, and played a very good overall OOC schedule. I do not believe that they are anywhere close to one of the 36 at-large teams, but the idea of the committee picking the 36 best at-large teams has long been proven to be farcical. The committee has put two at-large teams from mid-major conferences into of the at-large play-in games in each of the last two seasons, and think that Belmont-Green Bay could be that game this season.

Of the 99 brackets used in the Bracket Matrix, not a single one has Belmont in the tournament. I really doubt that will happen. UWGB is really the only one that has a remote chance as a regular season mid major winner...and I don't think it's a very good chance.

Damn't I thought this was going to say Marquette.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Of the 99 brackets used in the Bracket Matrix, not a single one has Belmont in the tournament. I really doubt that will happen. UWGB is really the only one that has a remote chance as a regular season mid major winner...and I don't think it's a very good chance.
    How many of them had Iona in 2012? My hypothesis is that at least one, if not two mid-major winners will be in Dayton. I think Louisiana Tech is also a distinct possibility there, but Belmont's profile will likely be preferred by the committee. I believe that myself and my colleagues on our mock committee are all quicker to pick up this trend then all of the bracketogolists.

Belmont would be a headache for Bucky...

I think Green Bay has better shot at the ncaa's than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    How many of them had Iona in 2012? My hypothesis is that at least one, if not two mid-major winners will be in Dayton. I think Louisiana Tech is also a distinct possibility there, but Belmont's profile will likely be preferred by the committee. I believe that myself and my colleagues on our mock committee are all quicker to pick up this trend then all of the bracketogolists.

7 had Iona in. Which frankly speaks well for UWGB.

But since Bracket Matrix started in 2006, there has never been a team listed on none of the brackets they follow to make the tournament.

Our committee has sort of dismissed Belmont tonight, but we feel pretty strongly about Green Bay getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    The one team that I guarantee that none of the bracketologists are considering but has historical precedent of getting in is Belmont. They outright won their league, have the win at North Carolina, a strong overall road/neutral record, and played a very good overall OOC schedule. I do not believe that they are anywhere close to one of the 36 at-large teams, but the idea of the committee picking the 36 best at-large teams has long been proven to be farcical. The committee has put two at-large teams from mid-major conferences into of the at-large play-in games in each of the last two seasons, and think that Belmont-Green Bay could be that game this season.
    Low and behold, you were right about the matchup, Belmont-Green Bay, just in the NIT.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Low and behold, you were right about the matchup, Belmont-Green Bay, just in the NIT.
    I hope Green Bay puts the disappointment of not getting an at-large behind them, as I think they could make a long run in the NIT. Still mad to see NC State in ahead of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast