Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NIT Tickets

NIT Tickets

We've made the tourney every year I've had enough disposable income to actually afford to regularly go to games, so this will be my first season with a possible home NIT game I can afford. For those that have done this before, how do they handle ticket sales? Does MU contact season ticket holders? Seems like if the game is at the Al, there will be too many calls to make to actually offer them to everyone. Or do you just go to Ticket Master and buy them? Also, any idea how long they take to post? If we're playing at the Al, I really want to see that game. Should be a great environment.

I think it's first come, first serve. I will just go to the AL on Monday morning to buy my tickets, if MU gets a home game.

I believe the last time, it was basically first come first serve. I'm sure they will hold a small amount for those at the top of the point system, but that's about it. Should there be a home game, MU will have a very short turnaround to sell tickets.

Do games start right away on Monday and Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Do games start right away on Monday and Tuesday?
    Probably Tuesday and Wednesday, though there have been some Monday games. If it were to be at the Al, student attendance might affect getting in?

Tom Crean had to buy student tickets for students to come to the game. They havn't done Monday 1st round NIT games for years now.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-15-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Tom Crean had to buy student tickets for students to come to the game. They havn't done Monday 1st round NIT games for years now.
    If the game was at The Al, students would show up. Will be Just back from spring break with no pressing academic issues. There would be a big turnout. At the BC would be a different story.

I don't think you will get a mass amount of students paying for tickets. The student section in the north corner of the Al only seats about 300. If they are lucky to fill that, great! They will save their money at $20 tickets. Some students think it's paying alot at $99 for student season tickets.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-15-2014 at 02:53 PM.

It has never been an issue before. In all the years I have been following the team, they have never sold out an NIT game. The closest they came was in Deane's first year when they played the final game before New York at the arena against South Florida. The BC was booked. Marquette pushed tickets for that game, and I believe had a little time to do it. The atmosphere was great, but did not quite reach a sellout, and those 9000 people would have rattled around like marbles in the BC. To be fair, Marquette has been a relatively good draw in the NIT, and there is usually only a few days to sell tickets, so the season ticket holders and the occasional fans do not show up. The people who do are the committed fans, like people who post on this board for instance. I recall Mike Deane saying after an earlier game in the NIT that year that there were only 6000-8000 fans at the game against St. Bonaventure, but they made as much noise as the usual 15,000 for a typical game. So the short answer is that I do not expect Marquette will be making lots of phone calls to season ticket holders who would not have much time to buy tickets and decide to come to the game. They will sell out first come first served, and the people who buy tickets will all actually be there. I ought to be an exciting atmosphere. Disappointing to be in the NIT, but it should be fun.

It's a bit different if it's at the Al, though. Only 4,000 seats, so definitely will be closer to capacity than a game at the BC or Arena would be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast