I know people are going to say how dare we criticize Buzz after what he's done the last few years. No doubt he's done an amazing job, but the reality is even the top coaches (Izzo, K, Boeheim, etc) make mistakes and Buzz has certainly made his share this year. Last night was another example of Buzz's stubbornness and inability to trust underclassmen.

I woke up this morning and have steam coming from my ears reading on twitter and now this board that Buzz said "he sat Burton because of his defense." How can anyone(even the biggest Buzz apologists), including Buzz defend this decision? He was the only aspect of our struggling offfense that Xavier couldn't figure out (other than Mayo down the stretch).

How much value is too much value when looking at the defensive side of the ball? Yes you needed stops during that final 7 minute stretch, but you also needed BUCKETS! Hell, Xavier scored on 11 of it's final 14 possessions according to Paint Touches so I'm not really sure how much worse our defense couldve been with Burton in the game.

This is yet another prime example of Buzz being reluctant to trust a young player in a critical game. Again, I understand that Buzz doesn't want to just hand out playing time to freshmen - he wants them to earn it via hard work and I agree with this as it builds a better program culture. However, we are at the end of the season where Burton has clearly earned more of his trust. He had the trust to start him in the game but not finish a game that he was absolutely dominating?

Buzz's inability to trust an underclassman absolutely boggles my mind and continues to be one of Buzz's biggest weaknesses.