Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Game thread - MU vs Xavier

I hope everyone stays. While we will be weak inside, at least for the first semester, I see a potentially very young, and very exciting team that will improve as the season goes on. I think MU should try to play a 40 minutes of hell kind of pace since we will be undersized, and will have a ton of guards and wings if everyone stays. I see Duane, Dawson, and Dwill sharing the point. I see Ahmed Hill, JJJ, Dawson, Mayo all playing the 2 and 3 guard position. I see Burton playing a 3 guard or wing and sometimes as a 4. I see Steve Taylor playing 4 and sometimes 5. The Big kid from out east will play some spot minutes. That will all change second semester when our transfer Center/PF becomes eligible, as I think he will play immediately when eligible. Team should be exciting. However I think they need to play fast uptempo style.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    What is SMH?
    Shaking My Head

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Burton will be the best four-year player that Buzz has signed, and I think could be the best player that Buzz has signed period. He just needs to embrace the defensive end as much as he does the offensive end.
    I agree - crazy quick - crazy strong - crazy good. Can't wait to see him develop.

I wish we could get Fischer eligible from day one (there have been worse abuses of that rule), and I expect him to bring some of the best of Chris and Davante in one package. There will be a bit of rust to knock off when he returns, but he will at least have the value of practicing with the team (whereas being totally away from the team destroyed the flow of Mayo's sophomore year). I also look forward to what a healthy Steve Taylor can provide, as it is a distant memory to the strong signs he showed in the second half of his freshman year. Finally, in regards to the frontcourt I expect Buzz to have a JUCO guy up his sleeve (really hoping we can land Willie Atwood).

The backcourt will be similar (mostly young but talented), and I hope that a healthy Duane Wilson and the arrival of Ahmed Hill can add the playmaking dimension that we only had from Mayo. I expect that Derrick Wilson will be a steadying presence, and hope that he has better playmakers around him to help mask his weaknesses (and he can be a 15-25 minute a night guy, not 30+ like this year).

I think we will get manhandled by teams with strong offensive front courts. I see many head scratching moments and inconsistent play occurring next year. At this point I'd expect a similar record to this year unless Duane can grab mins from Derrick and our front court finds a defensive identity in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Dawson dad is the one who said Jamil is hurt not Buzz....Complaining again on twitter about his kid not getting more minutes
    Gotcha, thanks.

He's a piece of work on there, that's for sure.

Pointless to predict records at this point. I just hope for a better edge on the team from day one, not starting when it's basically too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks.

He's a piece of work on there, that's for sure.
    Does he know that he is not doing his son any favors?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Burton will be the best four-year player that Buzz has signed, and I think could be the best player that Buzz has signed period. He just needs to embrace the defensive end as much as he does the offensive end.
    Agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Agree with all of this.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by Burton. I did not think he would be that good of a college player.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast