Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UWM knocks off UWGB in OT

UWM knocks off UWGB in OT

UWM knocks off UWGB in OT, will UWGB get an at large bid?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

All the guru guys say no.....

I'm hearing they will not.
    What a roller-coaster of emotions for my wife and I today!

Nope. And BBFran and southwestern Wisconsin all thrilled. Congrats to UWM.

Don't feel confident at all that GB will get an at-large bid. I do feel they deserve one, especially with Sykes injury tonight. Guess now we have one more team we can speculate about MU facing in the NIT!

Joe Lunardi ‏@ESPNLunardi 3m
    Nope... “@tyHearty: @GottliebShow @SethDavisHoops @ESPNLunardi @GoodmanESPN does UW-GB even have a chance at an at-large birth? Thoughts?”

I think MU will be playing at either GB or Indiana in the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    I think MU will be playing at either GB or Indiana in the NIT.
    Michael Hunt says we will be playing a home NIT game either Tuesday or Wednesday at the Al. Normally I would say that would be plenty of room, but if the opponent is IU or UW-GB, that may be a harder ticket to get.

Can't see an at-large bid. The killer is that GB had a decent profile to be on the bubble but couldn't afford another bad loss. Win the Horizon tourney and they had an at-large worthy résumé, lose a game and they look like a NIT team. That Virginia win is big, but their overall schedule is too weak to overcome all those sub-100 losses. Maybe if they'd lost to Cleveland State, but not UWM.

Sykes was playing on one leg and was literally falling down at times. Their seven footer got pounded in the opening minutes and re-injured his shoulder and that impacted his shot. A tough loss and a ticket to the NIT. I'm not sure how fast either player recovers so a run in the NIT might be tough for the Nix. A Marquette/GB match up in Milwaukee would be fun especially if it was played at the Al.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast