Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning point in season

Turning point in season

Lively discussion at our house among MU family members. San Diego State game. Ball allegedly off of Deonte's foot. Changed that outcome. Wasn't off of Deonte's foot but the defender. If we beat them, we have a win against a team that is a top ten team. Gives us some juice going into the BIG EAST season. That was a big play in this season.

New Mexico. Team was slow out of the gates, looked to be rounding into form, then blew second half lead and did not get it together until too late. The team needed the confidence of beating a good team away from home, and instead struggled to close out games all year.

For me, it was earlier, the first couple games against the bunnies at the BC. I saw issues!

I don't think any of those things really mattered. This team was about as good as its final record indicated.

This team had 6 overtime games and we were 2 and 4. We were so close to having a very different season. Especially when this team figured out how to leave it on the floor.

The difference was inches....a handful of possessions...a broken nose and an upset stomach.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 03-08-2014 at 07:26 PM.

It just wasn't meant to be. How many bad breaks did MU get this year? It seems like a lot. However, often they left themselves in that situation with silly fouls, bad free throw shooting or costly turnovers. They had a few injuries, Mayo suspended vs. Wisconsin, Vander Blue and McKee. Against Providence, Davante's shot is missed by 0.5 seconds.

All they had to do was win a few of those games in the non-conference and pull out 2 of these BE games-like Butler, Xavier or one of these double OT games.

Wasn't Buzz's best year. I don't recall a game thinking "What a great game coached by Buzz" as I had in every other year.

Maybe they can finally catch a few breaks in NY. But I am not counting on it. Everyone seems drained.

Agree with Gato and Tulsa. So close, but no cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    This team had 6 overtime games and we were 2 and 4. We were so close to having a very different season. Especially when this team figured out how to leave it on the floor.
    Also had two BE wins on one possession.

I thought his coaching job vs Providence at the Bradley with switching D's was one of his best coaching jobs ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast