Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Marquette - St. John's Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I don't want to go back in the game thread but was I the only one that thought Mayo was fouled on that last possession of OT? He had a head of steam and then the defender basically bumped him hard off his line.....I mean is it only point of emphasis when its not the last play of the game?

It just seemed so obvious to me that it was a foul
    I think so. Todd was POd as he threw the ball in the air after he got up.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 03-08-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Just looked it up. It is only now an automatic travel in the NBA. In college and high school, if the ref determines that it is a legit shot, travelling should not be called.
    Was looking at Roberts who was outside and he indicated with a hand signal that it was tipped, which it wasn't nor was it a legit shot attempt as he was out of control. This crew missed a lot of travels today. Lots of contact inside but let them play.

Officials were poor today though I did like the fact that they were reffing like it was the BIG EAST as far as contact is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Officials were poor today though I did like the fact that they were reffing like it was the BIG EAST as far as contact is concerned.
    That's actually part of the problem I have. Game-to-game, you don't know what you are going to get. Some games, they let everything go. Some games they call it when you breathe on someone. Some games, they change how they ref from the first half to the second half to overtime. If it was like this every game, great, but it's been so inconsistent.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011