Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nit

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    While I do think The AL would be the preferred route, it would not be because of the floor. They put the Bucks floor down within 45 minutes of the end of a Marquette game.
    But, the Bucks floor is there and a plan in place. But,it's not just the floor. Every evidence of MU, the Bucks an the Admirals and the Wave are extinguished. It's a totally different scene. Plus, they have to run thru all the possibilities. The Bucks play Sunday and then the BC is turned over to MU and the NCAA. At the NCAA games, it's truly different now. Not like an MU or Bucks game. And, no booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    And, no booze.
    As a long time attendee of the NCAAs I can assure you that there is alcohol at the games..........just none you buy there!
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    But, the Bucks floor is there and a plan in place. But,it's not just the floor. Every evidence of MU, the Bucks an the Admirals and the Wave are extinguished. It's a totally different scene. Plus, they have to run thru all the possibilities. The Bucks play Sunday and then the BC is turned over to MU and the NCAA. At the NCAA games, it's truly different now. Not like an MU or Bucks game. And, no booze.
    Marquette banners stay up. They take down Bucks and Admirals. They lay down the blue carpet as well.

Hopefully we make a miraculous run in New York, but I actually am pretty excited to see a real game at the Al. A cool little spectacle to finish a disappointing season.

56 Belmont, Ohio Valley regular-season champions
    63 Green Bay, Horizon regular-season champions
    105 Vermont, America East regular-season champions
    126 Davidson, SoCon regular-season champions
    141 Florida Gulf Coast, A-Sun regular-season champions
    176 High Point, Big South regular-season champions

All will be in the NIT, if they don't get an at-large birth to the ncaa's.

I thought it also included conference co-champs who did not get a bid. In that case, there are three slots going to C-USA, which ended in a four way tie this year. That would be nine slots accounted for with a week of conference tournaments to go. Could be that half the field will be filled before they take at-large selections. There is no guarantee that we get in.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    I thought it also included conference co-champs who did not get a bid. In that case, there are three slots going to C-USA, which ended in a four way tie this year. That would be nine slots accounted for with a week of conference tournaments to go. Could be that half the field will be filled before they take at-large selections. There is no guarantee that we get in.
    In the case of co-champions, it is just the top seed in each tournament. Gulf Coast had the tiebreaker over Mercer, so they got the NIT auto bid from the A-Sun. Louisiana Tech has it from C-USA, but both them and Southern Miss would have gotten into NIT regardless.

Add Iona to the list. More likely to come. An NIT bid is no certainty.

Marquette will make the NIT, but a win Thursday against Xavier is likely needed to shore up a game in the Al.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234