Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nit

Nit

Assuming we dont win the Big East Tournament and assuming there's a spot in the NIT for us...I hope the committee has the background/foresight to line up a Marquette/Indiana 2nd round matchup.

I know it would get alot of play in Milwaukee and Bloomington, I'm just not sure if those that make the bracket care that much...

I hope it happens....

The NIT seeds teams 1 thru 8 in four regions. They don't make match-ups.

I think their seeding does tend to float to determine match ups. However my guess is that the NIT would want both IU and MU to make the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    The NIT seeds teams 1 thru 8 in four regions. They don't make match-ups.
    But, they can seed it to get the potential matchups they want.

It's a myth in the NCAA tourney and it's a myth in the NIT.

NIT Show is at 8pm on ESPNU.

OK...we will see how it ends up. BTW, is MU going to be able to host with the BC hosting the NCAAs? Is the Arena available? Would they play at the AL?

Maybe I'm a broken record, but it bears repeating. Take a look at the NIT projected field. This year (like every year), lots of good teams there that are going to miss the tournament.

Indiana - Did they win the Big Ten last year? Can't remember. Regardless, one of the top seeds in the Dance last year.

Cal - Coached by Mike Montgomery who has had great success in college and is a former NBA coach.

Illinos - Another top seed in the Dance last year.

WVU - In the Final Four a few years ago and coached by one of the winningest coaches in the game.

Vanderbilt - Marquette fans know real well how good they have been recently. Stallings is considered one of the better coaches out there as well.

Miami - Won the ACC last year, might not even make the NIT this year.

So, those are just a few specific examples. My point is, Marquette is in good company. Most on here are pretty sane so we already know this, I guess I should post this on Scoop instead!

Although the NIT doesn't hold the excitement the big dance does, a game against IU would def get me a little pumped up. No hard feelings anymore, would just be a great college game with the back story between us. Would be even more fun if Luke could play although that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    OK...we will see how it ends up. BTW, is MU going to be able to host with the BC hosting the NCAAs? Is the Arena available? Would they play at the AL?
    I'm getting word it will be at the AL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast