Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nit

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I'm getting word it will be at the AL.
    a real game at the Al would be fun.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    a real game at the Al would be fun.
    Being at the Al, will cause fans to buy more tickets.

Being at the Al, will cause fans to buy more tickets.
    Agreed! Would be fun to go watch a game there. Atmosphere would be fantastic.

Would be fun at The Al, but could it really happen? Season ticket base is larger than what the arena holds. I understand that 4,000 seats will likely be enough for an NIT game, but who gets the tickets? Do they go on sale to season ticket holders in descending order based on point total until they are sold out? I'd be pissed if they sold out before I was able to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    OK...we will see how it ends up. BTW, is MU going to be able to host with the BC hosting the NCAAs? Is the Arena available? Would they play at the AL?
    The real issue is that MU's AD staff is tied up with NCAA preparation. don't think they could feasibly host an NIT game during the first week...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    The real issue is that MU's AD staff is tied up with NCAA preparation. don't think they could feasibly host an NIT game during the first week...?
    MU did it in 2004 at the BC, then hosted NCAA tourney Fri/Sun. They are not going to pass on a home game, if they can get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Would be fun at The Al, but could it really happen? Season ticket base is larger than what the arena holds. I understand that 4,000 seats will likely be enough for an NIT game, but who gets the tickets? Do they go on sale to season ticket holders in descending order based on point total until they are sold out? I'd be pissed if they sold out before I was able to buy.
    In years past it's first come, first serve. Like you said 4,000 will be enough.

MU did it in 2004 at the BC, then hosted NCAA tourney Fri/Sun. They are not going to pass on a home game, if they can get one.
    But, its one less day this year as the games are Thursday/Saturday. I could see a Monday game. Tuesday might be stretching things. Bucks are on the road that week, so the calendar is clear. But, lets see how the BET goes first...

I don't think there are games on Monday night. That would be a really tight turnaround for the visiting team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    But, its one less day this year as the games are Thursday/Saturday. I could see a Monday game. Tuesday might be stretching things. Bucks are on the road that week, so the calendar is clear. But, lets see how the BET goes first...
    It will not be at the Bradley Center. They have to put in the NCAA floor. It will be at the Al.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast