Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Tournament bracket (through March 6th)

Big East Tournament bracket (through March 6th)

This shows why Saturday is still so huge. I do not want to be on Creighton's side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    This shows why Saturday is still so huge. I do not want to be on Creighton's side of the bracket.
    Also want to be on the opposite side of the bracket to St. John's, and a win Saturday accomplishes that.

If I'm reading this correctly, the highest seed we can get to is the 4 seed, right? We couldn't get all the way up to 3?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly, the highest seed we can get to is the 4 seed, right? We couldn't get all the way up to 3?
    Correct. No matter how it played out, Xavier already has 10 wins and the tiebreaker over us due to their win over Creighton.

As a newly converted member of the Optimist Club, I will remind folks that if MU wins on Saturday they will have the exact same record as in 2011 where MU finished at 9-9 in conference and 18-13 overall as well. They then won two in the BET before UL blew them out. With these potential bracket match-ups, MU should only be playing Top 50 (or soon to be after this weekend's games) teams the rest of the way to improve our profile. Three in a row and I think we are in. A big if i know but not out of the question considering the match-ups.

It all starts tomorrow.

If MU wins Saturday, they will be 10-8, one game better than 2011 when they finished 9-9. That season, MU lost at home to Wisconsin. 10-8 in the Big East from 2006 through 2013 would more than likely put you in the Tourney. Hard to believe it has changed to where now possibly finishing 10-8 in Big East and tied for 3rd in conference....still leaves us likely having to win the BE tournament to get in.

Big East needs to kick some tail next November/December.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 03-07-2014 at 04:14 PM.

I watched Dayton defeat St. Louis on Wednesday night in St. Louis. St. Louis is #17 in the country and on top of the A-10. Talk of 6 teams from A-10 getting in. St. Louis is good, but man, I bet MU and Georgetown could sweep them in a round robin. Not impressed with the level of play.

I had the exact same thoughts. They aren't that good. Would be battling low to middle of BIG EAST.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I watched Dayton defeat St. Louis on Wednesday night in St. Louis. St. Louis is #17 in the country and on top of the A-10. Talk of 6 teams from A-10 getting in. St. Louis is good, but man, I bet MU and Georgetown could sweep them in a round robin. Not impressed with the level of play.

So, do we start with Xavier Thurs night?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast