Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big East Tournament bracket (through March 6th)

Quote Originally Posted by 94Warrior View Post
    So, do we start with Xavier Thurs night?

Yes, and I'm GUESSING without Stainbrook. I'll take that.

Xavier Thursday, if we win we get the winner of the Creighton v Georgetown game.

I mean Creighton v winner of Georgetown/DePaul game...oh wait, no I don't

There is no 'if', we will beat X. This season is far from over.

I like our odds against Xavier. Came close on their court, and if Stainbrook is out, that's a big hole in the middle. Gardner could have a field day on their inexperienced bigs.

Do we know Stainbrook's status?

Xavier pounded us on the glass in both games. Justin Martin is a tough match-up for MU, especially when we go to three guards.

I think not having Stainbrook could hurt their rebounding. Not that he is necessarily a great rebounder himself, but he clears a lot of space with that big body to make it easier for Martin to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I think not having Stainbrook could hurt their rebounding. Not that he is necessarily a great rebounder himself, but he clears a lot of space with that big body to make it easier for Martin to operate.
    +1. X uses him for space as they get very small without him. He also has a high assist rate as a result as defenses have to pay attention to him. He is also very efficient offensively. With him out, Nova only needed to guard the perimeter. More so for MU, with no anchor on defense, Gardner can go to town.

The Creighton match-up is a tough one. Xavier, I thought, played them very well defensively in the half court in their recent game. The heart of the Jays offense with their motion and picks runs through the foul line extended. They marshaled their forces to clog the foul line to disrupt the motion, always switching on any picks, and sagged off the extended foul line passer in the half court. Essentially, guard that line and disrupt it continually as everything spins off that motion off the ball. This limited Wragge as he only lives on the perimeter looking for the kick out from that middle motion.

Of course, X also had the quickness to stay with Creighton in transition and limit that vortex. If the Jays get on the run, there is no stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    +1. X uses him for space as they get very small without him. He also has a high assist rate as a result as defenses have to pay attention to him. He is also very efficient offensively. With him out, Nova only needed to guard the perimeter. More so for MU, with no anchor on defense, Gardner can go to town.

The Creighton match-up is a tough one. Xavier, I thought, played them very well defensively in the half court in their recent game. The heart of the Jays offense with their motion and picks runs through the foul line extended. They marshaled their forces to clog the foul line to disrupt the motion, always switching on any picks, and sagged off the extended foul line passer in the half court. Essentially, guard that line and disrupt it continually as everything spins off that motion off the ball. This limited Wragge as he only lives on the perimeter looking for the kick out from that middle motion.

Of course, X also had the quickness to stay with Creighton in transition and limit that vortex. If the Jays get on the run, there is no stopping them.
    Why does it seem like Wragge has only made a bunch of 3's against MU and Nova this year?? Otherwise, he's been quiet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast