Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big East Tournament bracket (through March 6th)

I will really be hoping Georgetown can knock off Creighton. I just don't think we match up well at all with the Jays.

Personally, I want Creighton. I think MU may have something against Creighton from the game in Milwaukee. Beat Creighton to enhance the resume. I want MU to play and beat the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Why does it seem like Wragge has only made a bunch of 3's against MU and Nova this year?? Otherwise, he's been quiet.
    Hardly. He had a season eFG% of 70%! But to answer your question, match-ups. Nova is small and likes to run. Creighton is taller and loves to run. For MU, McKay took a powder and MU's bigs don't match up to CU's talent. MU protects the paint and runs at the perimeter shooter. Wragge loves to trail and MU is too late when they sag on McDermott.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...gge/game_stats

Having Davante guard him one on one wasn't the best of ideas either.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Personally, I want Creighton. I think MU may have something against Creighton from the game in Milwaukee. Beat Creighton to enhance the resume. I want MU to play and beat the best.
    Resume no longer matters. Winning 3 games is the goal, by any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    Hardly. He had a season eFG% of 70%! But to answer your question, match-ups. Nova is small and likes to run. Creighton is taller and loves to run. For MU, McKay took a powder and MU's bigs don't match up to CU's talent. MU protects the paint and runs at the perimeter shooter. Wragge loves to trail and MU is too late when they sag on McDermott.

Then don't sag on Mcdermott. Let him get his...he's going to anyway. Shut down everyone else(particularly Wragge).

I wouldn't mind a shot again against Creighton either. I think Georgetown may knock them off though. With all of these teams on the bubble, this tournament should be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post

He was 10-17 from 3 vs. MU 59%
    and 10-16 vs. Nova 63%

Vs. Rest of BE... 39%

Quote Originally Posted by 94Warrior View Post
    Resume no longer matters. Winning 3 games is the goal, by any means necessary.
    +1

At this point, whether we beat Xavier, Creighton, and 'Nova wouldn't be worth any more than beating Xavier, DePaul, and Butler. Winning three is the only way in, and probably worth a 12/13 seed if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    He was 10-17 from 3 vs. MU 59%
    and 10-16 vs. Nova 63%

Vs. Rest of BE... 39%
    He had nine BE games where he shot 50% or better from three. And also shot it well against SDSU. Nebraska and St. Joe's who are/potential NCAA teams. Providence let McD go yesterday and he went off the 40s. Xavier in game two put a guard on DM off the switch and he struggled.

Keep CU in the 60s and you have a chance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast