Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of the Griping

Sick of the Griping

Whether here or any other board, last night was a tough loss and those have happened before and will happen again. Marquette was booed off the Arena floor after losing to Wichita State in AL's last home game before winning the NCAA Tournament in 1977. We need to get a grip, collectively. It has been a rough year that did not meet expectations. So we regroup, keep trying to win games this year--balls to the wall. Same for next year. Quit writing off this season and next season. Let's play the games and maybe the last second shots will be ours in New York and next year--they weren't this year so far.

The Scoop Board is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Whether here or any other board, last night was a tough loss and those have happened before and will happen again. Marquette was booed off the Arena floor after losing to Wichita State in AL's last home game before winning the NCAA Tournament in 1977. We need to get a grip, collectively. It has been a rough year that did not meet expectations. So we regroup, keep trying to win games this year--balls to the wall. Same for next year. Quit writing off this season and next season. Let's play the games and maybe the last second shots will be ours in New York and next year--they weren't this year so far.
    Well said. Go Warriors

People lack at controlling their own emotions. Hey, we all get mad. I get it! I think this is for message board type folks and many that hide behind a screen name that loose their mind.

There will be a lot to say tonight on Inside the Al at 7, don't forget to tune in!

Last night went against us. If Davante's shot leaves his hand a half second sooner, if Derrick steals that ball, if Todd's last shot falls, none of this madness is going on.

It was a great college basketball game and if nothing else, showed us why we should be cheering for this team. Maybe they aren't perfect, but they sure as hell aren't giving up. Sad to see so many fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Last night went against us. If Davante's shot leaves his hand a half second sooner, if Derrick steals that ball, if Todd's last shot falls, none of this madness is going on.

It was a great college basketball game and if nothing else, showed us why we should be cheering for this team. Maybe they aren't perfect, but they sure as hell aren't giving up. Sad to see so many fans are.
    Derrick wasn't close to stealing that ball and shouldn't have gone for it to begin with. I think you meant to say "if Derrick lets Cotton catch it 30+ feet from the hoop with his back to the basket and his momentum taking him towards half court then defends him straight up to see where the chips fall, none of this madness might be going on." What's the upside if Derrick steals it there? He gets fouled immediately with 7 seconds left, misses 1 or 2 of the FTs, then they get a chance to tie/win it again?

Nonetheless, I agree, it's one bad year, and that was an exciting game. I hope Buzz learns from this and is able to maximize the roster he has available to him next year. He's been able to do it 5/6 years he's been here, the odds are on our side.

We're a program that now expects the NCAA tournament. That is a fair expectation for a boarder line upper echelon program in a big 5 conference.

This year's frustration results mainly in my opinion from the expectations going into the season. I think next year you'll see a lot less griping because expectations will be in the cellar.

These are the things I'm happy with and have confidence in for the future -- Buzz Williams as a coach, as a person and how he reflects the Christian values of Marquette University -- the fact that the Marquette Board had the courage to make changes in the administration -- finally that Chris Otule, Jake Thomas and Jamil Wilson always did their best to represent the school on and off the court.

Marquette fans need to respect the effort and look to the future. This is all a journey and only a fool would believe there won't be setbacks.

If MU goes to the NIT, can't say it's a bad year. Bad year is where you finish below .500 and don't make post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    If MU goes to the NIT, can't say it's a bad year. Bad year is where you finish below .500 and don't make post-season.
    Maybe for a team that hasn't gone 8 years without missing the NCAA. Or isn't expected to be in the conference title race more years than not.

I think you're bar is set waaay too low. NIT is second rate. Just look what's hanging from DePaul's rafters if you need reminding.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast