Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of the Griping

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    If MU goes to the NIT, can't say it's a bad year. Bad year is where you finish below .500 and don't make post-season.
    I don't know about that.... I think if we go NIT we missed an opportunity to get John, Deonte, and Jajuan some great experience en route to the NIT and a chance to build for the future. NIT every once in a while is fine if it's a building block/step towards something bigger & better (see: Villanova). Riding a 5th year walk-on and a severely limited upperclassman PG to the NIT is not excatly my idea of an NIT season well-spent. And I say this realizing full well that Buzz knows more about basketball than me and there is no one else I'd rather have at the helm than him. Just think the long-term arc of the program could have benefitted by a bit of a youth movement earlier in the season. Not talking 30+ mpg, I'm talking 15+ mpg (with consistency) for the three frosh. It would have paid major dividends down the line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Maybe for a team that hasn't gone 8 years without missing the NCAA. Or isn't expected to be in the conference title race more years than not.

I think you're bar is set waaay too low. NIT is second rate. Just look what's hanging from DePaul's rafters if you need reminding.
    I agree with this (and no I'm not trolling you bleed).

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Last night went against us. If Davante's shot leaves his hand a half second sooner, if Derrick steals that ball, if Todd's last shot falls, none of this madness is going on.

It was a great college basketball game and if nothing else, showed us why we should be cheering for this team. Maybe they aren't perfect, but they sure as hell aren't giving up. Sad to see so many fans are.
    + 1,000,000 Well said!!

Maybe for a team that hasn't gone 8 years without missing the NCAA. Or isn't expected to be in the conference title race more years than not.

I think you're bar is set waaay too low. NIT is second rate. Just look what's hanging from DePaul's rafters if you need reminding.
    We're all disappointed with the season obviously, but it's important to remember that it happens. Look no further than Notre Dame, Indiana, and Illinois. All high seeds in the tournament a year ago, and now most/all will miss the tournament this year. I try to remember that to keep me from stabbing myself in the eye with a dull spoon!

You clearly do not get it. The point is that the bar is set high. We are all disappointed--players more than anyone. We didn't meet our goals. OK. Jump off the ship, now and don't come back. Or, maybe you root like hell that we make a run in the BIG EAST Tournament. If not, then let's give 'em hell in the NIT. Just quit griping because it becomes a pain in the ass reading this stuff. Public message board, represent your University.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    You clearly do not get it. The point is that the bar is set high. We are all disappointed--players more than anyone. We didn't meet our goals. OK. Jump off the ship, now and don't come back. Or, maybe you root like hell that we make a run in the BIG EAST Tournament. If not, then let's give 'em hell in the NIT. Just quit griping because it becomes a pain in the ass reading this stuff. Public message board, represent your University.
    Sadly I think the irrational reactions from people like bleed accurately reflect the majority of this fanbase (at least the online community). They love spewing venom with immunity, and turtle up when called on their irrational ways. This season has revealed the character of many Marquette fans and it is not pretty.

I don't get where there is venom being spewed. People can't have reasonable disagreements? I am the biggest Buzz supporter on the planet, but I think voicing a modicum of disagreement about decisions made in a 1 point 2OT loss that largely determined the fate of the season is completely acceptable. Am I wrong here?

Holy thought police, Batman.

This board's criticisms have been (for the most part) factual, and pretty tame.

This board has not been bad on the whole, but this board is also nowhere near the majority of the online Marquette fanbase (and I that hope Jim gets infinite subscribers down the road). I sure as hell wish it was different, but Scoop is easily the most viewed Marquette forum. Dodds's board has not been much better. Bleed is very typical of a Scoop poster.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013UnleashTheBeast View Post
    I don't know about that.... I think if we go NIT we missed an opportunity to get John, Deonte, and Jajuan some great experience en route to the NIT and a chance to build for the future. NIT every once in a while is fine if it's a building block/step towards something bigger & better (see: Villanova). Riding a 5th year walk-on and a severely limited upperclassman PG to the NIT is not excatly my idea of an NIT season well-spent. And I say this realizing full well that Buzz knows more about basketball than me and there is no one else I'd rather have at the helm than him. Just think the long-term arc of the program could have benefitted by a bit of a youth movement earlier in the season. Not talking 30+ mpg, I'm talking 15+ mpg (with consistency) for the three frosh. It would have paid major dividends down the line IMO.
    I don't know what you are quoting me here? I'm saying going to the NIT is a good thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast