Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Providence Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Open look off an inbounds play. He hits that pretty consistently. Just missed it.
    Yeah, but not sure why you are setting up the inbounds for a shot with that much time left on the clock. That was the point, not that Thomas took and missed a wide open 3.

Defense got us back in this, kept us close enough so we could run back at them. Last 9 seconds were disappointing but I'll take a 2-point deficit. Was afraid they'd run away from us like 'Nova did.

One of the best plays of not just that half but the whole season was seeing Dawson step in on the zone, split the top two and make a free throw jumper. Not only does that collapse the D and open up the wings for an open look, drive or dump down, it makes the D step up to respect that move and open the high post back up. If DWil could just step in and threaten a move like that, it would change the looks we get against a zone. He doesn't need to shoot it, but just make the move and a quick pass.
    Everything negative -- pressure, challenges -- are all an opportunity for me to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Was afraid they'd run away from us like 'Nova did.
    Second half hasn't started yet.

The frustrating part about watching us this year is how long it takes us to build leads or come back from deficits as opposed to how quickly our opponents go on runs. It seemed like Providence got their 10 point lead in a heartbeat, while it took us about 15 minutes to catch them. It is exhausting to watch.

Get Juan out of there

I'll be honest...I am really struggling to see what Juan is bringing to the floor lately.

Juan really is hurting MU tonight. Both offensively and defensively. That drive into traffic was not needed. Play the 3 guards and keep Juan on the bench.

Last 9 seconds were disappointing but Jake had a decent look. What bugs me is that Marquette had a foul to give and should have fouled Henton as he moved close to midcourt.

By the way, when LaDonte Henton decommitted from Dayton when Brian Gregory left for Georgia Tech, I emailed Buzz and told him we should go after him immediatley. Buzz, responded to me, "Is he any good?". I think Buzz is finding out for himself this year just how good Henton is (14 pts 6 rebounds at the half). In the first game this year Henton had 18 pts and 5 rebounds against us.

Derrick and Jake not getting it done.....

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast