Thread: OT - I hope the Bucks get Jabari Parker

OT - I hope the Bucks get Jabari Parker

Another reason I hope the Bucks get a chance to draft Jabari Parker and do so. I really think he is not only a potential star player, and the Bucks need a star player, but the Bucks also need someone who can be the face of the franchise. This kid seems to get it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...04--ncaab.html

I've heard some chatter around Milwaukee that if the Bucks take him, he'll go on his 2-year Mormon mission. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I've heard some chatter around Milwaukee that if the Bucks take him, he'll go on his 2-year Mormon mission. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know.
    Ok with me. Then we get another lottery pick next year too, and I think there may be some good big men. Doesn't change the length of time for which the Bucks hold his rights.

Heard Hammond talk a couple of weeks ago. I don't buy the stuff about Embiid. Did not seem that excited about either kid from Kansas. Really liked Parker and the kid at Kentucky. Didn't think the kid from Australia was a point, although combining him with Knight in a backcourt would be interesting. Rates Gordan and Smart as comprising the next tier, with everyone else thereafter. His words, we need to "suck" again next year, to have any chance to compete in the future. Kohl not happy with team not being competitive.

He is from Chicago..not sure why Milwaukee would be so bad? He could wait 2 years and end up in Philly or Detroit......He is going to end up on a bad team...that is how the system works.

Bucks would hold his draft rights for a year after he would have graduated......he would be throwing away an awful lot of money....

f the player goes on to play college ball after he was drafted, then the team retains the player's draft rights until one year following the draft the player would have entered had he not declared early. For example, if a team drafts a college sophomore in 2012 and he returns to college and plays intercollegiate basketball, then they retain his draft rights until the 2015 draft. Note that the NCAA rules state that players lose their NCAA eligibility if they are drafted, so the player currently cannot return or go on to play college ball. This rule exists in the CBA in the event the NCAA rules ever change.

If the player was eligible to play in college before he was drafted but does not go on to play college basketball, then the team retains the player's draft rights until the draft the player would have entered had he not declared early. For example, if a team drafts a college sophomore in 2012 and he does not return to college and play intercollegiate basketball, they retain his draft rights until the 2014 draft.
    Last edited by Markedman; 03-04-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    Heard Hammond talk a couple of weeks ago. I don't buy the stuff about Embiid. Did not seem that excited about either kid from Kansas. Really liked Parker and the kid at Kentucky. Didn't think the kid from Australia was a point, although combining him with Knight in a backcourt would be interesting. Rates Gordan and Smart as comprising the next tier, with everyone else thereafter. His words, we need to "suck" again next year, to have any chance to compete in the future. Kohl not happy with team not being competitive.
    Kohl clearly just doesn't get it. I'm not sure why he doesn't realize that the NBA's upper echelon is dominated by superstars like James, Durant, Kobe, Wade, etc and has been for a long time, and the only way to get those guys is either draft them or sign them as free agents, and when was the last time Milwaukee landed a high-level free agent? Honestly, I'd argue the last really major free agent was Cassell, who only came because of the two lottery picks on the team (and was followed by Mason).

Thanks for the Hammond commentary. I'm really not sure about this class. I think Parker has a lot of Big Dog in him...good scorer but not sure about the other end. Randle seems a little slow for the next level, Embiid already having injury issues seems like a red flag, and Wiggins just not there yet. I'll be curious to see what this draft is. As much as it looks like the best draft in years, there aren't any guys without some question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Kohl clearly just doesn't get it. I'm not sure why he doesn't realize that the NBA's upper echelon is dominated by superstars like James, Durant, Kobe, Wade, etc and has been for a long time, and the only way to get those guys is either draft them or sign them as free agents, and when was the last time Milwaukee landed a high-level free agent? Honestly, I'd argue the last really major free agent was Cassell, who only came because of the two lottery picks on the team (and was followed by Mason).

Thanks for the Hammond commentary. I'm really not sure about this class. I think Parker has a lot of Big Dog in him...good scorer but not sure about the other end. Randle seems a little slow for the next level, Embiid already having injury issues seems like a red flag, and Wiggins just not there yet. I'll be curious to see what this draft is. As much as it looks like the best draft in years, there aren't any guys without some question marks.
    Sam Cassell was acquired in a 3 way trade with Minnesota and New Jersey. Terrell Brandon and Elliot Perry out, Cassell, Paul Grant, and Chris Gatling to the Bucks. I'd say advantage Bucks on that one.

Parker isn't going on a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    Sam Cassell was acquired in a 3 way trade with Minnesota and New Jersey. Terrell Brandon and Elliot Perry out, Cassell, Paul Grant, and Chris Gatling to the Bucks. I'd say advantage Bucks on that one.
    That's right, forgot it was a trade. So I guess Mason was the last big signing. I mean...unless we want to count OJ.