Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March 28, 1977 - where were you?

I was 8 years old and my parents wouldn't allow me to stay up and watch the game. I grew up 10 miles from Notre Dame and I was a big ND fan back then, but I loved Al McGuire and was very happy that Marquette won.

Fast forward about 10 years and I am a freshman at MU and sitting in the bleachers of Notre Dame's A.C.C.. I am wearing my famous (to me) shirt that has Marquette on the front with a hand holding up The finger designating us as #1.....and on the back of the shirt it says Notre Dame and a big middle finger. Haha...still have that shirt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    It was a projection, fairly large but like high school AV quality.
    So Gato and friends were the parking meter culprits and I was there to witness it!!

Gato, has the statute of limitations run out on that?
    Did the meter have enough in it for a bowl and a half of Real Chili?

On that note, when did Real Chilli change it from a "second 1/2 bowl" to a "second helping"?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The parking meters and the street sign were quickly moved from my apartment to the roof of the adjoining building. It must be stated that I had nothing to do with the theft of the meters and the sign.

The parking meters and the street sign were quickly moved from my apartment to the roof of the adjoining building. It must be stated that I had nothing to do with the theft of the meters and the sign.
    You being a lawyer, it would seem to me that you could have inserted the word "aforementioned" to boost your case - "I had nothing to do with the theft of the aforementioned meters and the sign".

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    You being a lawyer, it would seem to me that you could have inserted the word "aforementioned" to boost your case - "I had nothing to do with the theft of the aforementioned meters and the sign".
    Theft? Who mentioned anything about theft? did Gato just admit to knowledge of a "theft" of said meters? Hmmmmmmm....
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I had knowledge but please be assured the aforementioned statute of limitations has run. Again, I was not involved in the theft of said government property.

I had knowledge but please be assured the aforementioned statute of limitations has run. Again, I was not involved in the theft of said government property.
    Much, much better although you could have found a place for a "of or pertaining to that which is being spoken of" verbiage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123