Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: MU-Villanova Today

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Well yeah but people acting surprised that they lost at Villanova...why are you surprised/outraged? It's more than obvious that nova is a level above us, just like we were a level above them the last couple years.

I realize it's the pent up frustration from a season of lost opportunities and disappointments...but Nova was a double digit favorite for a reason.
    Exactly - Nova is fighting for an overall #1 seed. Sure, we all would have like to have seen more out of MU today, but it is not like they got their asses handed to them by DePaul.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

SOTG. MU starters had 17 points. The freshman had 20.

Well yeah but people acting surprised that they lost at Villanova...why are you surprised/outraged? It's more than obvious that nova is a level above us, just like we were a level above them the last couple years.

I realize it's the pent up frustration from a season of lost opportunities and disappointments...but Nova was a double digit favorite for a reason.
    No, Nova was favored by 10 pts. However, I have seen bigger underdogs win. I am not out-raged but suprised and disappointed that they were out-hustled, out-coached, out-prepared and out-played. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Exactly - Nova is fighting for an overall #1 seed. Sure, we all would have like to have seen more out of MU today, but it is not like they got their asses handed to them by DePaul.
    Jim and Kneel--so you are pleased with the way they played?

I'm not surprised by the result...just disappointed by the effort

I don't think it's so much surprise that they lost but how they lost. Double digit lead the entire second half. No fight on either end of the floor. Wide open threes for 'Nova start to finish. Routine dumb decisions with the ball. Seniors playing like they had no idea how important this game was. Stupid on offense and defense.

I knew losing today was a realistic possibility. But I didn't expect we would never have a chance. I disagree that Buzz's T was the deciding factor, but from that point we were never in the game. For a team with so much experience, with so much on the line, that's just sad.

Oh, and they didn't cut away on DirecTV in Milwaukee. I got the finish of the game and it came back after the commercial to a 2-1 Indiana lead. Those that missed the end (for all the excitement that was worth) just need a better provider.

I think that play in the first half that the Nova guy saved the rebound and got two points out of it summed up this MU team. Yes it was a bad call, but in a game like this you can't let a play like that happen. I don't blame Derrick for letting it go, but him or Otule acted like they expected the ball to just go out of bounds. At a minimum, be ready to grab the ball when the Nova guy tries to save it and get a 5 on 4. Instead he "saved" it and they got 2 points out of it, when we had some momentum.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Oh, and they didn't cut away on DirecTV in Milwaukee. I got the finish of the game and it came back after the commercial to a 2-1 Indiana lead. Those that missed the end (for all the excitement that was worth) just need a better provider.
    Must be a Regional thing. DirecTV in Chicago cut away to the IU game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Jim and Kneel--so you are pleased with the way they played?

I'm not surprised by the result...just disappointed by the effort
    To be fair I didn't watch the game bc I'm out of town. So I can't comment on the effort or lack thereof. At the same time Nova is head and shoulders better than us so I'm not surprised at the result obviously.

Bottom line sucky play or lack of talent most often means just not good enough.

To be fair I didn't watch the game bc I'm out of town. So I can't comment on the effort or lack thereof. At the same time Nova is head and shoulders better than us so I'm not surprised at the result obviously.

Bottom line sucky play or lack of talent most often means just not good enough.
    Not going to disagree with that--I'm not all that upset with the result. This teams identity was revealed to us long ago.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast