Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: MU-Villanova Today

Absolutely love how Nova plays, but they are too damn reliant on the three. When Buzz has the horses, Marquette plays the same way but looks more to score inside/get to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    To be fair I didn't watch the game bc I'm out of town. So I can't comment on the effort or lack thereof. At the same time Nova is head and shoulders better than us so I'm not surprised at the result obviously.

Bottom line sucky play or lack of talent most often means just not good enough.
    Today the effort was lacking. Not going to ground the way 'Nova was, more dumb decisions than I thought possible. All the good we've seen in recent weeks undone in 40 minutes. Jamil was awful, but not just in execution but also decision making. It was just bad basketball.

'Nova's better than us, but it's not like we don't have the guys to compete. If we played to a 10-point loss but were actually fighting it'd be one thing. This team looked like they knew they didn't belong from about 15 minutes in and just mailed the result from there.

Looking at Nolan RPI, the RPI is up to 68 now. Need these next two with the BET as a wild card. Let's have some optimism here.

I think Marquette can beat anyone, anywhere in the league except for Villanova and Creighton. Problem is, likely got to topple at least one of them in the Big East tourney.

what was it prior to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    what was it prior to the game?
    Believe it was 70 at Nolan ( which is the best as it is in synch with official NCAA #s each Monday. )

so it improved? bc of SOS im assuming?

We are live on BrewCityBall Radio - would love to hear your thoughts on the game.....

(323) 927-1426
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Jim and Kneel--so you are pleased with the way they played?

I'm not surprised by the result...just disappointed by the effort
    No - not at all.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516