Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MU-Villanova Today

MU-Villanova Today

Why is no one discussing this game?
    2pm EST, 1pm CST on regular CBS National TV.

Game article:
    http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2014/03...villanova.html

Article on improving Nova player Josh Hart:

http://www.csnphilly.com/ncaa/how-jo...no-8-villanova

Another game article. Not sure who wrote it but they pick MU to win 71-66:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...e-at-villanova

Nova is 2nd best in conference in three point percentage, while MU is 2nd worst in defending the perimeter. Otherwise, the teams are pretty close with MU holding a slight advantage in turnover percent, offensive rebounding and free throw rate. Nova a slight edge in defensive rebounding and assist rate, but again close.

Have to believe Nova will shoot it well at home although one can hope that the rims at Wells Fargo are not as soft. In nine BE games, opponents have shot 40% or more from beyond the arc on MU. The OT game vs. Nova the Cats shot 35.7% which is right at their season average. MU needs to guard the line although their talent is not a great match up for that as the season's story has shown time and again. Limit the line.
    Last edited by BLT; 03-02-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Not optimistic. MU is terrible at closing out on the perimeter. If they sell out to guard the three, Arcidiacono gets into the lane. In that first game, Nova got whatever they wanted. MU has regressed defensively since that game.

I can see this getting ugly, to be honest. Hope I'm wrong.

Go MU!!! Glad to have Kevin Harlan and Greg Anthony doing the game. Both very good at their craft. Harlan is a MU fan.

This is a big game for their tournament chances and they know it. I don't know that we will win, but i don't think it will be a blowout. Let's pray for a Nova off day...

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    This is a big game for their tournament chances and they know it. I don't know that we will win, but i don't think it will be a blowout. Let's pray for a Nova off day...
    If they don't beat Nova today, I think they'll have to win the BE Tourney to get in.

[QUOTE=MUFAN2003;57241 Harlan is a MU fan.[/QUOTE]
    Do we really know that?
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 03-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.

MU/Panther. True, he did not go to MU. His father went to MU. Kevin was born in Milwaukee and grew up in Green Bay. He was a teenager during MU's success in the 70's. Kevin mentioned on his TNT NBA telecast Thursday he was looking forward to calling the Marquette game on Sunday day. Always seems to talk complimentary of MU.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    MU/Panther. True, he did not go to MU. His father went to MU. Kevin was born in Milwaukee and grew up in Green Bay. He was a teenager during MU's success in the 70's. Kevin mentioned on his TNT NBA telecast Thursday he was looking forward to calling the Marquette game on Sunday day. Always seems to talk complimentary of MU.
    I'm not one of those people where u have to go to that school to be a fan. You sold me!

I still have his call of the L'ville-MU game in 2004 at the BC on CBS. The Mason shot!

Wasn't Bob Harlan the SID when Al started at MU?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast