Saturday

9 Creighton @ Xavier, 4:00
    Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Jim Spanarkel

Sunday

DePaul @ St. John's, 11:00
    CBS Sports Network: Marv Albert, Steve Lappas

Marquette @ 8 Villanova, 1:00
    CBS: Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony

I would guess we want Creighton so we can have sole possession of third place.

Standing don't matter in terms of ncaa bids. MU needs that Xavier win to look bigger. It gets bigger win X beating CU.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Standing don't matter in terms of ncaa bids. MU needs that Xavier win to look bigger. It gets bigger win X beating CU.
    While the Xavier beating Creighton would make the Xavier win bigger, getting the #3 seed in the Big East Tourney would be great for MU's chances to advance in the Big East Tourney. If you are the 4 seed you play the 5 seed the Creighton. If you are the 3 seed you play the 6 seed the Villanova. Way better to get the 3 seed.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

With st John, prov, X, and MU all bubble teams I'm now routing for them all to lose. At this point it's only about getting into NCAA and if X or any of the others get big wins that moves us farther out. We have no big wins. I would like to get 5 big east teams in but I would prefer 3 and MU being the 3rd over 5 and no MU.

Also, while the committee doesn't "look" at conference standings, when it comes down to it they will have several schools in the mix for the last few spots. They will have it laid out in front of them....

School X (20-11) (10-8)
    Marquette (20-11) (12-6)
    School Y (20-11) (9-7)
    Xavier (21-10) (11-7)
    Providence (20-11) 10-8)

Now, while they won't look at standings, doesn't it jump out that of three conference foes one of them has a better conference record?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by KMWTRUCKS View Post
    With st John, prov, X, and MU all bubble teams I'm now routing for them all to lose. At this point it's only about getting into NCAA and if X or any of the others get big wins that moves us farther out. We have no big wins. I would like to get 5 big east teams in but I would prefer 3 and MU being the 3rd over 5 and no MU.
    X winning makes the win for MU look better. The Big East bubble schools are not fighting each other. They are fighting all bubble schools in every league.
    Baylor, Richmond, Oregon, Arkansas, Tennessee, Nebraska, Minnesota, BYU, Dayton, LSU, Oklahoma State, etc you want to lose for Marquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Also, while the committee doesn't "look" at conference standings, when it comes down to it they will have several schools in the mix for the last few spots. They will have it laid out in front of them....

School X (20-11) (10-8)
    Marquette (20-11) (12-6)
    School Y (20-11) (9-7)
    Xavier (21-10) (11-7)
    Providence (20-11) 10-8)

Now, while they won't look at standings, doesn't it jump out that of three conference foes one of them has a better conference record?
    It will jump out in league that play round robins, like Big East and Big 12.

If X collapses and misses the tournament then MU loses a quality win... At this point losing a quality win could be our last straw...

Xavier up by 10, 14 minutes left. Standing room crowd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast