Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedules the rest of the way

Teams will win and lose, all we can do is take care of ourselves. 3-1 in league, 1-1 in MSG, we should be in.

The only reason there are so many bubble teams is because at the moment nobody is running away with those last few spots... Lots of real average teams separated by maybe a game or two... It will be tough for the tournament to wade through the garbage to pick the last few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Teams will win and lose, all we can do is take care of ourselves. 3-1 in league, 1-1 in MSG, we should be in.
    If we were to go 3-1 down the stretch, I'd prefer to win the next three, meaning a sweep of GTown and Providence and a win over highly ranked Villanova. Sweep two other bubble teams and get a win over a ranked team.

The 'Nova game is the prize, but the RPI is pretty much the same no matter who the loss is to. Going 3-1 is more important than who we beat. From a RPI perspective, St. John's is the worst team we could lose to, though it makes very little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I don't see those numbers adding up for MU getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I don't see those numbers adding up for MU getting in.
    I used to think that would be enough, but I took a look at the numbers and it doesn't look great.

19-12, going 1-1 in NYC puts their RPI in the high 50's. Doubt that is good enough, given the lack of quality wins.

I think 19-12, 1-1, would be enough if there is a win at Nova included. If not, then I think it will have to be 19-12, 2-1 (and hope one of two wins is over Creighton or Nova).

Honestly a lot will depend on what happens around us too... There are a lot of bubble teams with a lot of quality win chances in front of us in line right now...I think 5 wins is the magic number right now, whether that is finishing 4-0 and then 1-1 in the conference tourney, or going 3-1 and two wins in the conference tourney... Anything less and we are spectators...

Right now we are 2-9 against the top 50 and 4-10 against the top 100. Only 1 top 50 chance left as it stands today......I agree with W4life. If we don't beat Nova I think we need to get to 21 wins to have a chance....20 isn't going to get it done. IMO

Those 4 top-100 wins are actually pretty impressive compared to a lot of the other teams we are competing with. Especially knowing that if we get 4 combined wins, that number will double.

Don't underestimate just how soft this bubble is.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast