Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Schedules the rest of the way

Ah... that makes sense, then I would agree, I think if today was selection Sunday we would be viewing from the sidelines... that said to answer Goose's question I think if we beat Villanova tomorrow we have about a 40% chance of making the tournament... so far today bubble teams have won most of their games, if the teams in front of us keep winning it might be tough for us to pass them, that said I think at the end of the day if we win the games we need to win we should be okay.

Updated with current results for the day... looks like Richmond may have played themselves out today and LSU missed a big opportunity to join the discussion... Arkansas looks like they have played themselves into the "Last Four In" Category this week...Oregon looks like they will move up a bit this week also after getting lucky with UCLA suspending their top two players, they have two big games next week though against ASU and Zona... Will be real interesting to see how the night games play out, I will update late tonight and will refresh all the teams RPI's and categories after Sunday's games.

@ESPNLunardi: OUT: Prov, Neb, StJohn, FlaSt. NEXT: Mizzou, Day, SoMiss, Marq. MORE: Gtown, LaTech, Utah, Richmond.

Lunardi has officially moved us to the next four category... We still haven't made Jerry Palm's bubble watch though, I'd imagine a win today gets us in his discussion.

Updated with yesterdays results and today's updates from Palm and Lunardi... quite a few changes today, I removed Clemson and West Virginia as they are no longer mentioned by either party. I removed Xavier as they are now firmly in with their win over Creighton and St. John's this week. Arkansas and Oregon are now in according to both of them, and Minnesota is now back on the outside along with Providence. That said there are quite a few differences on the cut line between Lunardi and Palm, between the two of them their last four in and last four out are pretty much the same teams, they just disagree with who is in or out.

But a loss can't really move us down much can it given that nobody expects us to lose?

Or do these bracketologists take into consideration opportunities remaining on the schedule and by losing we'd be missing out on a big opportunity and have fewer opportunities remaining thus a slimmer chance of making the dance and being dropped from their list?

I would imagine at this point, they are taking opportunity into consideration...

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    @ESPNLunardi: OUT: Prov, Neb, StJohn, FlaSt. NEXT: Mizzou, Day, SoMiss, Marq. MORE: Gtown, LaTech, Utah, Richmond.

Lunardi has officially moved us to the next four category... We still haven't made Jerry Palm's bubble watch though, I'd imagine a win today gets us in his discussion.
    And something tells me we'll be moved right back out.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678