Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MU Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Hamostradamus View Post
    I saw that a milion times, I didn't know what that referred to. Wow, that is really bad.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?top...5106#msg575106

Winning hearts and minds.

Typical keefe BS. What a shock that his response is the "I'm better than you because I served" card. I work with a lot of ex-military guys and rarely do we talk about their pasts. keefe can't go 2 posts without trying to lord it over people. Talk about insecure.

You might be surprised to know that Hamostradamus served in the military.

My late Father in Law was at the Battle of the Bulge, was awarded two Silver Stars, a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart and refused to talk about it until one of his grandsons wanted to do a paper on WWII. Always said he was just doing his job. Who do you respect more?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    You might be surprised to know that Hamostradamus served in the military.

My late Father in Law was at the Battle of the Bulge, was awarded two Silver Stars, a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart and refused to talk about it until one of his grandsons wanted to do a paper on WWII. Always said he was just doing his job. Who do you respect more?
    Same story here. My grandfather fought in the same offensive. France has recently been presenting legion of honor awards to surviving decorated WW2 veterans. I attended the ceremony at the consulate last year. They read off his decorations before presenting the award, which lasted a few minutes. I had absolutely no idea.

I have all the respect for military guys, and love those stories. My grandfather served in WWII and volunteered at the VA well into his 90s, sometimes caring for guys half his age. Never talked about his service, I always respected the hell out of that.

Last night I met some of the wife's work friends, after a few drinks the "worst thing I've seen" question was asked. I brushed it off and told a funny work story instead to change the subject. I don't feel what you do for a living should define who you are. I guess there are different schools of thought on that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I have all the respect for military guys, and love those stories. My grandfather served in WWII and volunteered at the VA well into his 90s, sometimes caring for guys half his age. Never talked about his service, I always respected the hell out of that.

Last night I met some of the wife's work friends, after a few drinks the "worst thing I've seen" question was asked. I brushed it off and told a funny work story instead to change the subject. I don't feel what you do for a living should define who you are. I guess there are different schools of thought on that, though.
    +1000. 5-10% of military guys are really into it, love the Army-Navy game, volunteer for extra duty (morale and wellfare, fundraisers for Navy Relief, base car wash, etc.), and are happy to talk about their service to anyone who will listen. Most of my buddies and I viewed it as a job we held for a few years and then went on to other things.

Scoop losing some well-respected members due to the meltdown and personal attacks on players tonight.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42382.0

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Scoop losing some well-respected members due to the meltdown and personal attacks on players tonight.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42382.0
    i don't consider myself a "respected member", but i'm seriously considering giving it up. That place is a joke tonight (and has been for a while this season). Posters trashing players, coach, etc. Just terrible.

The have some new posters that are way worse, and seem to take pride in how obnoxious they are. Someone asked the mods to do something - I am pretty sure it was supposed to be a joke.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast