3) Diener
    4) Walton
    5) Worthen
    6) James
    7) Boylan
    8) Hutchins
    9) Miller
    10) Cadougan

Miller should be up higher on this list. I didn't see enough of Walton or Worthen, but I would put Tony Miller above James and Hutchins.

Was Rivers really a point guard? Always thought of him as more of a 2....

Yeah Miller is too low.....

I think I might put Cordell Henry ahead of Junior

Tony Smith played point his last year and could also be included

Rivers wasn't a point. He and Wilson were both combo guards. Walton was really good overall. Lightening quick. Good medium range shooter. Good defender. Miller and Worthen were the best passers. Since Pop Sims single-handedly cost us the game against North Carolina, I guess I would put Cadougan above him. I would rank them Dean, Walton, Worthen, James, Diener, Miller, Hutch and then the rest. Although, it really depends on the criteria you are using to evaluate them. How do compare a guy like Diener who was a horrible defender, a good passer, a great shooter and a great competitor versus a guy like Miller, who was a horrible shooter, but a great passer and an outstanding defender? Worthen couldn't shoot a jumper, but he could make the kind of special passes that would be plays of the day on ESPN. He was so long and the ball was like a yo-yo in his hand. Hutch was small and he wasn't a special passer, but he could take over a game offensively probably like no other point in MU history, but for Meminger. Underrated defender too.

1) Meminger
    2) Diener
    3) Miller
    4) Worthen
    5) Walton
    6) James
    7) Hutchins
    8) Marcus Washington
    9) Cadougan
    Last edited by Gato78; 02-20-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Was Rivers really a point guard? Always thought of him as more of a 2....

Yeah Miller is too low.....

I think I might put Cordell Henry ahead of Junior

Tony Smith played point his last year and could also be included
    Rivers did play some point at times - 16 assists against DePaul and Terry Cummings in a close loss to then #2 Blue Demons. Dwayne Johnson was on the receiving end of many of those - one of the single best games from the point for MU I've ever seen. He should have played point from day one IMO. Had that great first step to get into the paint and dish or take to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    1) Meminger
    2) Diener
    3) Miller
    4) Worthen
    5) Walton
    6) James
    7) Hutchins
    8) Marcus Washington
    9) Cadougan
    I could live with this, but I'd switch Sam and Tony. As far as defense from the point the pool from the guys you have ranked would consist of The Dream, Miller, Walton, James and IIRC Marcus Washington? Not sure how you would rank them - maybe DJ #1

Speaking of DJ, I miss plays designed for alley-oops...too far and few between.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I could live with this, but I'd switch Sam and Tony. As far as defense from the point the pool from the guys you have ranked would consist of The Dream, Miller, Walton, James and IIRC Marcus Washington? Not sure how you would rank them - maybe DJ #1

Speaking of DJ, I miss plays designed for alley-oops...too far and few between.
    It looked like Burton was expecting one a couple of times last night.

I like Gato's list. What this thread shows, though, is how many good PG's came through MU. That said, Boylan needs to at least be in the discussion. Michael Wilson also played some PG (he was more of a combo guard). Very good defensive player, who averaged in double figures with solid assist numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post

I like Gato's list. What this thread shows, though, is how many good PG's came through MU. That said, Boylan needs to at least be in the discussion. Michael Wilson also played some PG (he was more of a combo guard). Very good defensive player, who averaged in double figures with solid assist numbers.
    Speaking of Michael Wilson, I often point to him and DePaul's Tyrone Corbin as guys who started out their college careers as the ultimate bricklayers and by the time they graduated more than serviceable jump shooters - at least mid-range jump shooters and both ended up in the NBA with Corbin playing the longest.

Maybe we can see some next year with Burton or Duane........better outside shooting opens up lots of possibilities....have to improve in that area.............

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast