Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top ten mu point guards of all-time

I left Boylan off because he wasn't a true point. Truth is, when pressure was on, Butch handled the ball.

Sam Worthen

If you are talking about their careers at MU I can live with both Diener and Miller ahead of Sam, but if you are talking about their talent as point guards Sam was better than both just a shorter career because he was a juco. Sam was beyond great as a point guard, when he was on the Bulls Jerry Sloan was the coach, he had dinner with my roommate and Sloan told him Sam was the most talented point guard in the NBA, but he wasn't working hard enough. Said he had never seen so much talent. Btw last year Sam was coaching the international team of the Washington Generals (the team that the Harlem Globetrotters beat lol)

I have Dean The Dream as head and shoulders above the others most have listed.

After Dean, I think there is a group of guys - Sam "The Sham" Worthen, "Lucky" Lloyd Walton, Tony Miller, Travis Diener, and Dominic James that if you looked at them one on one instead of as a group of five, I can see arguments for any of them being #2 through #6.

I'd probably go Diener, Worthen, Walton, Miller, James, with another big drop after that.

Worthen might have had the most talent. Diener might have gotten the most out of his talent. Miller all time assists and high up on NCAA charts, played great D. Walton was a great point on some of MU's best ever teams. Dominic was a great defender with crazy fun to watch hops.

If you could pick any of this group of five (Worthen, Walton, Miller, Diener, James) to run the point for MU over the next couple years, who would it be?

I would go with Worthen out of your group because he had the size to score and rebound in addition to running the team and I think he may have been the smartest player, basketball wise, than any point guard in MU history and the team will be inexperienced next year. The guy could play.

I think I'd take Diener. Next years team could use his leadership and jump shot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think I'd take Diener. Next years team could use his leadership and jump shot.....
    I would agree on Diener.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    If you could pick any of this group of five (Worthen, Walton, Miller, Diener, James) to run the point for MU over the next couple years, who would it be?
    I can't say I saw enough of Worthen or Walton, but of the guys I am familiar with, I'd go with Diener. In addition to being a good shooter and leader, Travis was just tough as nails, something I think this team needs. I think he'd have fit in perfectly with Buzz's system. I would love to see what Buzz could do with a kid like Travis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12