Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dougie McBuckets

I thought it was Chris Grimm on Tucker. The game Burke actually scored some points and made some free throws was a different game if memory serves. Crean put Grimm on Tucker - which at the time I thought was ridiculous - and it worked. Using that approach, we should put Davante and Chris on McDermott.

For those that don't follow them on twitter cracked sidewalks is tweeting some really interesting stuff about the Creighton game. Basically we've been forcing teams into turnovers well above their season averages the last 5 games. Also we did a good job defensively in the first creighton game - 20% To %, 1.05 PPP.

CU also had 13 offensive rebounds in that game. MU has to do a better job on the glass. Especially the guards, since there's bound to be long rebounds. Can't give their shooters second looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    I thought it was Chris Grimm on Tucker. The game Burke actually scored some points and made some free throws was a different game if memory serves. Crean put Grimm on Tucker - which at the time I thought was ridiculous - and it worked. Using that approach, we should put Davante and Chris on McDermott.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    CU also had 13 offensive rebounds in that game. MU has to do a better job on the glass. Especially the guards, since there's bound to be long rebounds. Can't give their shooters second looks.
    Yep. Xavier almost came back on Saturday with offensive rebounds down the stretch.

I think Landry was the one that Burke was put on from UW and he shut him down.

Probably the big thing for Burke in that win at UW were the two FTs he made a in the last minute.... Burke was not a good FT shooter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12