Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dougie McBuckets

Dougie McBuckets

How the hell are we going to stop him? 39 vs Villanova today. Mrs. Gato and I were discussing where he stands on the Kyle Korver vs. Larry Bird scale. I think he is closer to Larry Bird. He is POY without question. Need to double him but then Wragge goes off. Their point is damn good too. Tough, tough team. Need Jamil to guard McBuckets but will have to live with the foul trouble.

Maybe we should have the walkon get in a fight with him so they both get kicked out

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Maybe we should have the walkon get in a fight with him so they both get kicked out
    Make me a walk on I'm game.

I think you have to take the approach of shutting down the other 4 guys on the floor and deal with whatever he does. He may go off for 40 but if you can stop the others you might have a chance. Personally I think this is a bad matchup for us, I think we will have a better shot at beating Nova but on any given night anything can happen, maybe Creighton has an off shooting night

You don't stop him, you just hope to contain him.

The key is not letting the rest of the team go nuts from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I think you have to take the approach of shutting down the other 4 guys on the floor and deal with whatever he does. He may go off for 40 but if you can stop the others you might have a chance. Personally I think this is a bad matchup for us, I think we will have a better shot at beating Nova but on any given night anything can happen, maybe Creighton has an off shooting night
    I agree completely with this. Stop Wragge and Manginat (sp?) and they become very beatable.

Save Jamil on McDermott for the 2nd half. Can't afford Jamil getting 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes and having him collect splinters on the bench.

If Juan starts, he has length to stay with him. Not as if Juan exerts much energy offensively.

I agree with let McDermott get his but shut down others. I don't think Creighton would lose to any team on their home court this year. Maybe Syracuse. They are so good at home.They lost @Providence and @ St. Johns. They are not quite as invincible on the road. That being said, will be quite a task for MU on Wednesday.

In the first game, Burton actually did an excellent job on McDermott. It was probably the best defensive game DB has had. Give Burton a chance, and see how he does.

I think we're going to need a Dwight Burke on Alando Tucker-esqe shutdown to have a chance.

The key to slowing down McDermott may be making him work on defense. Can Marquette get a couple of Creighton players in foul trouble? This has to be an ugly, grind it out game. Make the entire Creighton team work their butts off on D.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 02-17-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast