Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MU - Xavier

MU - Xavier

MU - Xavier

Keys to game - loose balls, taking charges, defending the transition game and fighting the ball screens.

Lineup Jake, Juan, Chris, Jamil, Derrick

Refs - Noteworthy, Paul Selzc on the game, his wife Jamie worked for MU and was hired away by Cottingham.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

As predicted, MU more aggressive than I have seen in quite some time. Place is up for grabs, Xavier players constantly complaining to the refs and we are only 7 minutes in. MU needs to keep up the aggressive pressure, Xavier is already showing signs of a possible meltdown.

The team is much more focused on the defensive end than at any time this year, at least at the beginning of the game.

Updated stats - MU has 5 assists on 7 made baskets. Shooting just under 60% from the field.

MU 5-2 in points off turnovers

NBA watch - Toronto Raptor Dwight Buycks in the house.

Derrick Wilson with 4 steals already.

Derrick Wilson - 3-6 from field, 6 points, 3 assists, 5 steals, 0 turnovers
    Jake Thomas - 2-5 from field, 2-2 from three, 6 points, 1 assist, 0 turnovers
    Todd Mayo - 2-3 from field, 4 points, 3 assists

MU back court getting it done!

Points off of turnovers - MU 12-6 (would be 14 had Jamil not been tripped)

MU getting beat on glass, 10-7.

Mayo with another steal, Xavier has 11 turnovers, they average 12 per game.

I have to give credit where it is due! Dwill with his best half of his career. He was everywhere!

Great half. Derrick dominating Christon defensively and looking good on offense. I love how Todd is playing. His effort is at a whole other level. The Todd we are seeing today is the guy we've been waiting three years for.

For most of the half, MU had nearly as many field goal makes as Xavier had attempts. I think if Buzz could transition that "more free throw makes than opponent attempts" philosophy to field goals, we'd be a much more successful team

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast