Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If no Buzz, who would want the job?

If no Buzz, who would want the job?

I am really getting tired of this process.

With Buzz I could really see the program going somewhere and maintaining a very high level. Can't believe that positive vibe is not felt through the entire place and issues can't be resolved. If Buzz leaves we will likely take a few big steps back that didn't have to happen. No guarantee on a new coach being successful either.

So, like the Kansas State job, if Buzz leaves for a job like SMU it will be no secret that he could not work with the administration. As the coaching profession is one big fraternity, who would want the job that we would feel energized about?

If Buzz leaves, no one worth a crap would want the MU job IMHO. The best they could probably do is hope they could pull a rabbit out of the hat again and convince Benford to stay.

There are a lot of fans and donors who will never come back if this happens. I'm sorry this would be something that would end any future support of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    There are a lot of fans and donors who will never come back if this happens. I'm sorry this would be something that would end any future support of the school.

The only way MU could survive this is if they could reincarnate Al McGuire (but they would then run him off four years later...)

A really young unproven coach would take this job despite having to work for an asshole athletic director. The resources and facilities would be attractive enough to get a body in this position at the very least. Anyone with a brain would stay as far away from larry Williams as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ydouask23 View Post
    A really young unproven coach would take this job despite having to work for an asshole athletic director. The resources and facilities would be attractive enough to get a body in this position at the very least. Anyone with a brain would stay as far away from larry Williams as possible.
    + 1,000,000

I recall similar questions after MU actually fired a coach who won 100 games in 5 years. Many will be interested given the salary and money that remains behind MU hoops.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Larry Williams? AD and Coach? He'd probably consider it a great hire.

I suspect some folks are being unfair to LW as there probably are other factors involved here. Are things so bad that Buzz would leave his players and recruits and committes and a devoted fan base for a rebuilding job in Dallas, which I consider a truly crummy city ...?

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    I recall similar questions after MU actually fired a coach who won 100 games in 5 years. Many will be interested given the salary and money that remains behind MU hoops.
    Honestly, we got lucky. How many of the up and coming assistant coaches do as well as TC and Buzz have done? We would be very lucky if we hit the jackpot 3 straight times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast