Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Georgetown Into NCAA's

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Brew City Ball Stages of Grief (Kubler-Ross Model) that MU is not going to make the tournament, user status:

Denial

Anger: MU_Iceman

Bargaining:

Depression:

Acceptance: everybody else

I'd say that speaks volumes to were most of you are as fans...you accept mediocrity!!! Do your bosses accept mediocrity from you?? Or for those of you that are business owners...do you accept mediocrity from your employees?? I certainly hope not!!

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    I'd say that speaks volumes to were most of you are as fans...you accept mediocrity!!! Do your bosses accept mediocrity from you?? Or for those of you that are business owners...do you accept mediocrity from your employees?? I certainly hope not!!

Of course, I have more control over my employees than I do over Marquette basketball.

How exactly are you "not accepting mediocrity" outside of ranting and raving on a message board? Are you withholding donations? Cancelling your season tickets? Writing letters to Father Wild?

Dude it was a joke. Lighten up.

I try hard to "accept" things I have no control over. Try it!

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ooooooook, sure. I've never seen you at any of the multiple coaching clinics I've been to. Maybe next time?

Listen, you over-react and I can't stand it. You have no perspective. IF I'm bored enough one of these days, I will put together a list of all the programs that have multiple years of success, followed by a dip for a year or two, and then right back to their winning ways. I'll list the actual win and RPI totals so you can see black and white. It happens almost everywhere. It's virtually impossible to maintain a high level of success year after year after year without slipping. Yet, despite the fact that you acknowledge that it happens, you still find it unacceptable.

I find it really funny that you reference Wisconsin as a team that never slips. Now, I agree that their success under Bo has been consistent and impressive. However, for a guy who loaths losing at home and finds it completely unacceptable, I find it odd that you are clamoring for MU to have UW's success despite the fact they are on a current 3 game home losing streak. If MU did that, I can only imagine how much b*tching you would be doing on this board.
    Ohhhhh Coaching clinics?? Impressive!! That doesn't make you a worthwhile poster. maybe you should take some clinics in message board etiquette?? What you can over reaction...I call passion. So excuse me for caring!! I NEVER once said i clamor for MU to be like UW(do you have reading comprehension problems?) I simply used them as an example of a team(along with others), that haven't slipped in last # of years. Because someone made the point that it happens with every program?? Does it?? I listed some it hasn't happened to anytime lately.

Look, i'm not naive enough to think that MU was going to continue to make the tourney year after year after year. But, let me spell this out for ALL of you...this was NOT the year that was expected to happen. Not at all, and I am NOT the only one that is totally shocked by how this season has unfolded. There is simply too much talent on this team for them to be THIS bad. The talent is good enough in some of the guys that it SHOULD be covering the weaknesses of the others. It's not, and i'm baffled as to why. I'm incredibly frustrated. This season was like getting hit by a train...you had no idea it was coming. Next year would be much more understandable. I could also wrap my head around it if they were EXPECTED to struggle...but they simply weren't...find me ONE national pundit that had them anywhere lower than 1st or 2nd?? You won't do it.

What I also find a bit perplexing is how all of you are so accepting of it. Yes, I HAVE to accept it, I don't have a choice. None of us do. But that doesn't mean we can't be angry or upset about it, and not like that we have to accept it. I have to pay taxes every year to...I have to accept it, but it doesn't mean I like it...not one damn bit. I know that admitting you are pissed off about it or angry about it, means you MIGHT just give me some ammunition, but what gives me the ammo is how so many of you are just "eh, it happens". Why?? Where's the passion?? i know you all have it...demonstrate it sometimes. It's okay to get angry, it's okay to be pissed off.

Because it's just sports Iceman. I can't simply summon up the passion to continuously write paragraph after paragraph about how angry and frustrated I am about Marquette basketball.

(And why are they performing below expectations? Because their talent level was overrated, and too inconsistent.)

I am disappointed as pretty much everybody is on this board…..angry? Not even a little bit….who am I suppose to be angry at? The players who I have rooted for in good times and in bad? Buzz? Who has been nothing but outstanding in his tenure at MU? God? Larry Williams?

I don’t like paying taxes either but I don’t stomp my feet and throw a fit when I write out the check……

Instead of asking us why we aren’t as angry as you are maybe you should ask yourself a different question?

Do you somehow think if we all just got as pissed off and angry as you everything would be ok? Things would just turn around if we only cared just a little bit more?

The talent on this team is not as good as you think it is…….Predictions are guesses……clearly MU should not have been picked as high as they were with the guard group we have. Duane being hurt and McKay leaving also were factors nobody counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I am disappointed as pretty much everybody is on this board…..angry? Not even a little bit….who am I suppose to be angry at? The players who I have rooted for in good times and in bad? Buzz? Who has been nothing but outstanding in his tenure at MU? God? Larry Williams?

I don’t like paying taxes either but I don’t stomp my feet and throw a fit when I write out the check……

Instead of asking us why we aren’t as angry as you are maybe you should ask yourself a different question?

Do you somehow think if we all just got as pissed off and angry as you everything would be ok? Things would just turn around if we only cared just a little bit more?

The talent on this team is not as good as you think it is…….Predictions are guesses……clearly MU should not have been picked as high as they were with the guard group we have. Duane being hurt and McKay leaving also were factors nobody counted on.
    Then quite frankly markedman, NONE of us can judge talent, or we all over rated this group. because quite honestly, there isn't one single poster here(or probably on any of the MU boards), that can honestly say they didn't think this team wouldn't make the NCAA's(comfortably), let alone be THIS bad. They can say it now, cuz it's easy to, but NO WAY any of us thought this is what would happen. I don't ask this to be demeaning one single bit, but since I haven't followed it as closely as I typically do, is there another team in the country this year that has fallen this far below expectations than MU?? Now keep in mind...EVERY National pundit everywhere thought MU would win the BE, and NOT a single one thought they'd not make the NCAA tourney. I mean quite honestly, this season is startling when you take those factors into account. Now, if no one else has fallen this far(without major injuries), is it safe to say BASED ON EXPECTATIONS ONLY, MU would be the most disappointing team in the country?? If that's the case, how can someone that's passionate about something(even if it is basketball), not be a bit upset about that?? You can't be passionate and not show SOME emotion towards whatever it is you are passionate about. It's impossible.

Ohhhhh Coaching clinics?? Impressive!! That doesn't make you a worthwhile poster. maybe you should take some clinics in message board etiquette?? What you can over reaction...I call passion. So excuse me for caring!! I NEVER once said i clamor for MU to be like UW(do you have reading comprehension problems?) I simply used them as an example of a team(along with others), that haven't slipped in last # of years. Because someone made the point that it happens with every program?? Does it?? I listed some it hasn't happened to anytime lately.

Look, i'm not naive enough to think that MU was going to continue to make the tourney year after year after year. But, let me spell this out for ALL of you...this was NOT the year that was expected to happen. Not at all, and I am NOT the only one that is totally shocked by how this season has unfolded. There is simply too much talent on this team for them to be THIS bad. The talent is good enough in some of the guys that it SHOULD be covering the weaknesses of the others. It's not, and i'm baffled as to why. I'm incredibly frustrated. This season was like getting hit by a train...you had no idea it was coming. Next year would be much more understandable. I could also wrap my head around it if they were EXPECTED to struggle...but they simply weren't...find me ONE national pundit that had them anywhere lower than 1st or 2nd?? You won't do it.

What I also find a bit perplexing is how all of you are so accepting of it. Yes, I HAVE to accept it, I don't have a choice. None of us do. But that doesn't mean we can't be angry or upset about it, and not like that we have to accept it. I have to pay taxes every year to...I have to accept it, but it doesn't mean I like it...not one damn bit. I know that admitting you are pissed off about it or angry about it, means you MIGHT just give me some ammunition, but what gives me the ammo is how so many of you are just "eh, it happens". Why?? Where's the passion?? i know you all have it...demonstrate it sometimes. It's okay to get angry, it's okay to be pissed off.
    Coming from the person who admits he has skipped more home games this year than the previous 9 combined and also didn't watch a game on TV.

I didn't expect the team to struggle. It's certainly disappointing, but that's where it ends for most of us. I'll still be there tomorrow night cheering them on, just as I have since the early 80's when I started following the team. I will support this team whether they live up to expectations or not.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post

Let's give it a shot!!! Nothing else has worked for this group, so it can't hurt to try can it?? You just never know...

Without going into detail I guess the easiest answer I can give is…..I can suck up 1 or 2 bad years without getting angry……Buzz has earned at least that much faith from me……

Being a fan to me means you support the team through the good and the bad…we have had lots of both since I started following the team in the 70s……

Anybody can be a fan when things are going great…….this type of season is what separates the real fans from entitled whiners…..

I think we all bought the Kool aide…..”Buzz has done it before he will figure it out” “Jake is walk on…no problem Buzz will coach him up” “Derrick can’t shoot….don’t worry he will figure it out” “Todd has never been a consistent player on or off the court…..He will mature”….etc…..

For whatever reason it didn’t happen this year…….I can accept reality or I can choose to let it ruin my year…what should a rational adult choose?

Then quite frankly markedman, NONE of us can judge talent, or we all over rated this group. because quite honestly, there isn't one single poster here(or probably on any of the MU boards), that can honestly say they didn't think this team wouldn't make the NCAA's(comfortably), let alone be THIS bad. They can say it now, cuz it's easy to, but NO WAY any of us thought this is what would happen. I don't ask this to be demeaning one single bit, but since I haven't followed it as closely as I typically do, is there another team in the country this year that has fallen this far below expectations than MU?? Now keep in mind...EVERY National pundit everywhere thought MU would win the BE, and NOT a single one thought they'd not make the NCAA tourney. I mean quite honestly, this season is startling when you take those factors into account. Now, if no one else has fallen this far(without major injuries), is it safe to say BASED ON EXPECTATIONS ONLY, MU would be the most disappointing team in the country?? If that's the case, how can someone that's passionate about something(even if it is basketball), not be a bit upset about that?? You can't be passionate and not show SOME emotion towards whatever it is you are passionate about. It's impossible.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast