Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Georgetown Into NCAA's

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    If the conference is so crappy then why do 5 of the 10 schools have top 25 recruiting classes for next year? I mean good players don't want to play in crappy conferences right? http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Bas...teTeamRankings

Use all this crap to back up your claims that you want. I want you to tell me how many legitimate title contenders the Big East currently has, or will have in the future?? Likely none, unless MU gets their crap together. THAT'S what makes a conference.

Let's go through the "power" conferences shall we?? I'm sure I will miss some, but just off the top of my head....legitimate title contenders:

ACC-Syracuse, Duke
    BXII-Kansas, Oklahoma State
    B10- Michigan St, Michigan
    SEC-Florida, Kentucky

I mean the 4 power conferences have probably at least two legitimate national Title contenders, in some cases probably 1-2 more. The Big East has....ZERO. It will always be like this.
    Last edited by MU_Iceman; 02-03-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Brew City Ball Stages of Grief (Kubler-Ross Model) that MU is not going to make the tournament, user status:

Denial

Anger: MU_Iceman

Bargaining:

Depression:

Acceptance: everybody else

Iceman has gone on some benders in the past, but this one...wow.

Your logic is circular. Your clouded sense of reality allows you to just dismiss facts as "crap."

Take a step back. Do something else for awhile.

On topic...I have a degree from GU and have friends in the program/athletic department. I hope Georgetown makes the tourney. I hope Ice gets mad about it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Use all this crap to back up your claims that you want. I want you to tell me how many legitimate title contenders the Big East currently has, or will have in the future?? Likely none, unless MU gets their crap together. THAT'S what makes a conference.

Let's go through the "power" conferences shall we?? I'm sure I will miss some, but just off the top of my head....legitimate title contenders:

ACC-Syracuse, Duke
    BXII-Kansas, Oklahoma State
    B10- Michigan St, Michigan
    SEC-Florida, Kentucky

I mean the 4 power conferences have probably at least two legitimate national Title contenders, in some cases probably 1-2 more. The Big East as....ZERO. It will always be like this.
    If Oklahoma St. is a legitimate contender, Villanova and Creighton certainly are. Creighton is 4 and Villanova is 10 in the Pomeroy ratings. You can dispute how those rankings are calculated, but I think anyone in his top 10 should be considered a contender.

People fall into this perception vs. reality problem. Georgetown and MU were picked at the top and since they aren't living up to expectations, the conference must suck. That's not the case here. People completely missed the boat on Villanova (like they have on MU the past couple of seasons) and Creighton has been the beneficiary of MU and Georgetown not living up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Your logic is breathtaking......
    That is a much more polite word than I am certain most everyone else was thinking.

F you...Every damn time you come here it's to rip me. I'm so tired of your sh*t. I don't know who the hell you think you are, but i sure as hell know you don't know who I am. I've forgotten more basketball than you will ever know son.
    It looks like you have forgotten most of it ...

Let's put it this way...I LOVED college BB, I lived for it...until all this conference switching and the effect it had on MU ruined it for me. You are talking about a guy that hasn't missed a second of MU hoops in probably 25 years or more. I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years, and I have not gone to more games this year than I missed in the previous nine years(which was one...weather related). I planned my schedules/life around MU games, not the other way around. I'd eat it, breathe it and sleep it. Big Mondays?? I'd always watch that...Georgetown vs. Cuse, UCONN vs. Pitt, hell yeah!! I have watched very few minutes of other BE games this year. Not too mention have shut off MU games early and even missed Saturday's game entirely. The desire is gone...yes, it has to do with their struggles, but to be honest, a good majority of it is...I just can't get excited about watching Creighton vs. Xavier and wrapping my head around the fact those are the programs MU is now associated with. It's ruined college BB for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way...I will bet ANYTHING MU's attendance has taken a significant drop this year from where it has been. A lot of that is the opponents they now play. That's just reality.

Well the good news is that it has freed up some time on your schedule. Use it well.

I absolutely agree and that's what I have been saying...but if you honestly think any of the schools in the current BE will ever be a legitimate national Title contender, at least in the forseeable future, I want some of what you're smoking. They'll have teams ranked highly sometimes, and they will win some big games in the non conference, but to be a legitimate National title contender, or too have one most years like the old BE did, or like the ACC does, or the BigXII, or Big ten?? Just not realistic. Sustained success more than anything is what makes a good conference. The old BE had that amongst it's core group of teams(and yes that included MU). There was always National title contenders amongst them every year. This BE?? Maybe even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile, but for them to sustain it?? Not a chance in hell.

But you said earlier in this thread that you don't want other BE members to have success.

So which is it? Do you want Georgetown, Villanova, et al to succeed so that the BE becomes a better conference? Or do you want them to fail?

Or would you just rather complain?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Brew City Ball Stages of Grief (Kubler-Ross Model) that MU is not going to make the tournament, user status:

Denial

Anger: MU_Iceman

Bargaining:

Depression:

Acceptance: everybody else
    Wait, we can bargain? I have yet to earmark my first born for anything good...

F you...Every damn time you come here it's to rip me. I'm so tired of your sh*t. I don't know who the hell you think you are, but i sure as hell know you don't know who I am. I've forgotten more basketball than you will ever know son.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ooooooook, sure. I've never seen you at any of the multiple coaching clinics I've been to. Maybe next time?

Listen, you over-react and I can't stand it. You have no perspective. IF I'm bored enough one of these days, I will put together a list of all the programs that have multiple years of success, followed by a dip for a year or two, and then right back to their winning ways. I'll list the actual win and RPI totals so you can see black and white. It happens almost everywhere. It's virtually impossible to maintain a high level of success year after year after year without slipping. Yet, despite the fact that you acknowledge that it happens, you still find it unacceptable.

I find it really funny that you reference Wisconsin as a team that never slips. Now, I agree that their success under Bo has been consistent and impressive. However, for a guy who loaths losing at home and finds it completely unacceptable, I find it odd that you are clamoring for MU to have UW's success despite the fact they are on a current 3 game home losing streak. If MU did that, I can only imagine how much b*tching you would be doing on this board.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast