I'd love for the Big East to get five teams in this year, especially with two of three flagship programs in the league (G-Town and Marquette) not up to their normal standard this year (Nova is the other flagship program). While the good guys are all but cooked (and show zero signs of a strong run to end the season), Georgetown picked up a massive win over Michigan State yesterday and propelled themselves strongly into the NCAA discussion. Georgetown now has a real solid non-conference resume, with wins over Sparty, VCU, and Kansas State (all likely tournament teams). Now, they have the small problem of a 3-6 conference record to rectify.

Their remaining schedule lines up like this:
Home: Butler, Providence, Xavier, Creighton
Away: DePaul, St. John's, Seton Hall, Marquette, Villanova

If Hoyas win 7 of the last 9 and get to 10-8 in the league, they will definitely be safely in the field. A tough ask, but certainly doable with just one long shot game on that ledger (at Nova). Now, it gets more interesting if they finish 9-9. I would strongly back their bid, especially with Trawick out for a bunch of the losses (he came back against Nova on Monday). I personally think that the Big East is strong enough to support a 9-9 team that did some really nice things out of the league, and think it would be a big statement perception wise to put a .500 in conference team in the field. I know this is a clear high-major league, but I'd love for some of the morons in the media to get that message stamped across with a worthy fifth place team in the league getting into the dance.