Thread: Rankings and Old Big East

Rankings and Old Big East

While I will likely cheer against them going forward, I'm happy that Syracuse is showing the ACC that the old Big East was the top conference.

Right now three of the teams from last years Big East are ranking in the top 7 and six are ranked top 25.

Big 12 has five teams ranked and non BCS conferences make up 10 of the 25 teams in the AP Poll.

AP Poll

1 - Syracuse
    6 - Villanova
    7 - Cincinnati
    14 - Louisville
    22 - UConn
    25 - Pitt

It's pretty amazing that we have never missed the tournament since joining the Big East. That conference was tough!

Agreed Crisco - I think our record was right at the top of the list for our tenure in the Big East as well. Very impressive.

Kind of ironic that we will miss the tourney this year in a watered down Big East (compared to previous years) when like you said, we made it every year despite the conference being the tiggity tops.

L'ville hasn't beating anyone yet this season. 0-4 versu rank teams.

UC has had many close games versus the bottom of the AAC. UCF, Temple, USF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    It's pretty amazing that we have never missed the tournament since joining the Big East. That conference was tough!
    28-8 in conference play the last two seasons with one regular season co-championship - damn impressive.