Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SJU Game Thread

Watch the Dawson three attempt again. Dawson was covered close by a bigger defender, 20 seconds on the shot clock, 10 seconds since a PT and total loss of rhythm. Not a good shot.

Layup wasn't as bad as I remembered, he went into 1-on-3 but only because 2 of the guys didn't close in.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Burton played well, but called for a couple of cheap fouls. That hurt.

Thomas passed up 3's late in the shot clock a couple of times that resulted in wild shots (one by Gardner) to beat the shot clock. He did play well, but he needs to take those shots. One was off of a screen for him.
    Burton's cheap fouls were due to his poor defensive positioning which I will blame on his poor high school coaching. I think he may be stifled a little bit this year just due to the amount ha has had to learn, cuz he didn't learn anything at Vincent. Hope he can just start to play instead of being a step behind cuz he is thinking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I would throw Jamil into the discussion as well.....we can't have him be a complete non factor...not if we are going to win....the length, quickness and athleticsm of St Johns is just dominating the game
    Agreed. Not a lot of guys doing what we need to do to win right now. Jamil taking bad shots is something we really can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Burton's cheap fouls were due to his poor defensive positioning which I will blame on his poor high school coaching. I think he may be stifled a little bit this year just due to the amount ha has had to learn, cuz he didn't learn anything at Vincent. Hope he can just start to play instead of being a step behind cuz he is thinking too much.

He also got caught twice on screens leading to jump shots...he just doesn't seem to know what is going on at times. Watches the ball too much.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Agreed. Not a lot of guys doing what we need to do to win right now. Jamil taking bad shots is something we really can't afford.

Primary evidence why Jamil isn't an NBA player. Too much length and athleticism bothers him.

Is this team tired today with the game only 40 hours after PC...? Seem to be a step slow today. SJU had 2 extra days to rest and prepare and is playing at home...

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Is this team tired today with the game only 40 hours after PC...? Seem to be a step slow today. SJU had 2 extra days to rest and prepare and is playing at home...

That might be part of it, but that's what you have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, as SJU looks like an NBA team athletically compared to us. That being said, I don't think it has much to do with tired legs but certainly could be wrong.

Also, what is up with Juan's total lack of confidence to the point that he is nervous shooting layups (as seen by not even drawing rim) the last few games?

Unfortunately he has alot of company.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He also got caught twice on screens leading to jump shots...he just doesn't seem to know what is going on at times. Watches the ball too much.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast