Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SJU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    How is that an offensive foul on Mayo? I agree that this crew has been horrible. That should have been an and 1
    Weird cal.....

How is that an offensive foul on Mayo? I agree that this crew has been horrible. That should have been an and 1
    Agreed - crap call.

Disagree completely with your analysis. But if you are going to single out Dawson on valuing possession, what the hell is Mayo?
    I'm not happy with Mayo or Derrick either right now. Mayo is up to his usual road poor play and Derrick isn't doing enough to get the ball inside. We are playing exactly like the bad Marquette scouting report.

That last play was prototype bad MU. Too much time wasted, no effort to go inside, Mayo gives it away easy. Bad team performance so far. But Dawson, Mayo, and Derrick (for different reasons) are killing our offense.

Also...more of Gardner spending too much time at the top of the key.

I think I've seen it all now....Derrick misses a free throw so badly that they get a fastbreak dunk on the other end......

This is about as poor as I've seen us play other then the Ohio state 2nd half....

Frustrating how bad D Wilson is from the line. That miss on the one & one is as bad as a turnover.

I am not sure why Buzz would play for the last shot considering they can't get anything going in 35 seconds anyway.

Terrible half. Not a single net positive contribution from any player save Jake Thomas.

I would throw Jamil into the discussion as well.....we can't have him be a complete non factor...not if we are going to win....the length, quickness and athleticsm of St Johns is just dominating the game

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I'm not happy with Mayo or Derrick either right now. Mayo is up to his usual road poor play and Derrick isn't doing enough to get the ball inside. We are playing exactly like the bad Marquette scouting report.

That last play was prototype bad MU. Too much time wasted, no effort to go inside, Mayo gives it away easy. Bad team performance so far. But Dawson, Mayo, and Derrick (for different reasons) are killing our offense.

Also...more of Gardner spending too much time at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I am not sure why Buzz would play for the last shot considering they can't get anything going in 35 seconds anyway.

Terrible half. Not a single net positive contribution from any player save Jake Thomas.
    Burton played well, but called for a couple of cheap fouls. That hurt.

Thomas passed up 3's late in the shot clock a couple of times that resulted in wild shots (one by Gardner) to beat the shot clock. He did play well, but he needs to take those shots. One was off of a screen for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I would throw Jamil into the discussion as well.....we can't have him be a complete non factor...not if we are going to win....the length, quickness and athleticsm of St Johns is just dominating the game
    Agreed. Jamil has taken bad shots and has not contributed anything.

What's with JJJ's defense - been beaten like a drum off the dribble. Also, Mayo may be the most frustrating player I can remember at Marquette - I love the kid for one minute and the very next minute I wonder why he's getting any minutes. His defense and offense unfortunately have made me feel the latter in this game. But if history tells us anything, he'll get on a bit of a mini-streak in the 2nd half so you cant completely go away from him, right?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast