Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: SJU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Really? Brew come on now - you need to take off the blue/gold glasses
    I've been looking at the schedule and seeing that Providence game as the time we could take off. With past history, I expected this team to figure it out about now. We had no bad losses and as pessimistic as many were, there were no holes in our résumé that couldn't be easily remedied between now and March 16.

All fair points brew, just think that if you watch this team enough, which I know you do, there are too many inconsistencies for us to string together the type of run that would earn as an at large.

I'm not berating anyone. Never have. I'm a reporter by trade. In the past week Buzz made the decision to play for the conference tournament and next year. No rose colored glasses -- this team could get lucky but I would be surprised. The parts this season just do not fit together well. There's no consistent catalyst on this team. I still have profound faith in Buzz Williams and I'm excited about the talent the 2014-15 team will have. Buzz has been taken to school this season and he's a good student. One final thought -- the make up of the roster in the coming season probably will have a few wrinkles from the way it looks right now.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 02-01-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    If this is the first time I have no idea what team you have watched all year.....
    Will be interesting on how Buzz distributes minutes from here on in. You don' t want to throw in the towel for sure but you do have to start peeking more than a little towards next year. Deonte, mistakes and all, was impressive and aggressive - something this team sorely lacks and I think JJJ is going to continue to get better with minutes. Dawson is not in those two's class but I hope his minutes increase as well. I don't see a team with a bright future w/ DW as the starting PG next year for certain.

get use to silver linings because next year is going to be roooough

This team is what it is. Not very good! Pieces don't fit. Just going to sit back and watch the games with low expectations, and try not to get worked up about them.

Now he is just rubbing it in.....

A Daly Dose Of Hoops ‏@DalyDoseOfHoops 1m
    Steve Lavin: "It's always good to win. For me, I think we've played much better in games that we've lost." #sjubb

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    This team is what it is. Not very good! Pieces don't fit. Just going to sit back and watch the games with low expectations, and try not to get worked up about them.
    Done the same myself. Much less stressful

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Been doing that most of the season.

Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches 21s
    "Jamil wasn't feeling very good before the game." Flu-like symptons. #mubb

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast