Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans were booing last night?

I disagree. I was booing at the refs. The Mayor pointed out on the Premium board the several bad calls in a row that resulted in the booing. Some may have been booing at Jake (and if so, they are classless idiots) but the fact is there were a few of us in our section booing at the refs as a result of the calls. I don't boo college kids and I am pretty sure no one in our section does because I sit in front of the players' parents.

There were definitely boos at the refs, but there was also definitely boos right after Jake air balled the wide open 3. I was really shocked when I first heard them but it would be hard to justify the boos at that very moment as boos towards the refs because they came right after his shot and there was no way people could believe he was fouled because there was nobody within 20 ft of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    I didn't hear it either, so I was a little surprised that Buzz mentioned it after the game. Maybe just an obnoxious fan or two sitting closer to the court?
    Was that the postgame on the radio? I pulled in my driveway, so I missed the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    There were definitely boos at the refs, but there was also definitely boos right after Jake air balled the wide open 3. I was really shocked when I first heard them but it would be hard to justify the boos at that very moment as boos towards the refs because they came right after his shot and there was no way people could believe he was fouled because there was nobody within 20 ft of him.
    Yep. That is how I saw it and said as much on the Insider Board. The booing at that time being attributed to the officiating is not even a stretch. It is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yep. That is how I saw it and said as much on the Insider Board. The booing at that time being attributed to the officiating is not even a stretch. It is wrong.
    The booing must have been very localized. Did not hear anything aimed at players from our section.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    The booing must have been very localized. Did not hear anything aimed at players from our section.....
    I could not make the game and watched it on TV. It was fairly pronounced on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I could not make the game and watched it on TV. It was fairly pronounced on TV.
    Just watched the the second half this morning. The boos were very audible at about the 8:45 mark after Jake missed his third three. There was absolutely no reason why fans would be booing the officials at that time. I don't agree with the boos because it was a good look from a player who has made some big shots this year.

Their effort level in the first half today might justify it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12