Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News for Milwaukee Bucks

The big key will be getting that Durant type player and getting him to buy in. Players want to play with other stars so they can win.

Of all the players being talked about as potential #1 picks (Embid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Randle, Smart), none of them play the position the Bucks are weakest at - Shooting Guard. The Bucks have nobody at that position (sorry Mayo fans). I suppose as bad as the Bucks are though, maybe you simply have to take the guy you think is the best player, regardless of position. Nobody on the Bucks current roster could start for a good NBA team so I guess they shouldn't be apprehensive about drafting over anyone (except maybe the Greek kid).

The Bucks should be very active at the trade deadline this year. Save for the Greek kid, they should attempt to unload everyone on the team provided they can get something decent in return (draft picks, expiring contracts, young player with some upside).

The Bucks have several weak positions. A better way to put it....they basically consider Antetokounmpo and Henson as the only real "keepers" for the future. Brandon Knight is only 22 and has some talent as a 6'3" PG, so he is a possibility, but is he good enough? Larry Sanders looked like a cornerstone for the future, but has had a bad year on and off the court.

I think Gary Neal, Luke Ridnour and OJ Mayo could be attractive to a contending team before the trade deadline. Larry Sanders would be too, as a defensive presence in the middle that can run the floor, but are there too many years and $$$ left on his contract for any deal to work?

Last I heard that Henson is also on the trade block, the only one that is safe is the Greek kid.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

If I were the Bucks, I'd definitely keep Henson, Knight, and Giannis. Unless you are getting another potential lottery pick, I wouldn't move any of those three. They may not all be studs, but Henson and Knight look like they could be serviceable starters on a playoff team. Giannis has the brightest future here right now. The problem is trying to actually get lottery picks.

Looking at this site, most of these picks have already been traded and are protected to various degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Of all the players being talked about as potential #1 picks (Embid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Randle, Smart), none of them play the position the Bucks are weakest at - Shooting Guard. The Bucks have nobody at that position (sorry Mayo fans). I suppose as bad as the Bucks are though, maybe you simply have to take the guy you think is the best player, regardless of position. Nobody on the Bucks current roster could start for a good NBA team so I guess they shouldn't be apprehensive about drafting over anyone (except maybe the Greek kid).

The Bucks should be very active at the trade deadline this year. Save for the Greek kid, they should attempt to unload everyone on the team provided they can get something decent in return (draft picks, expiring contracts, young player with some upside).
    When you pick in the top couple you don't worry about needs, you pick best player. Portland didn't need a shooting guard so they passed on Jordan and took Bowie. We have won 8 games, every position right now is of need. I'm sure they could figure out a way to have Parker, Giannis and Henson on the floor at the same time, just like Portland could have done with Drexler and Jordan.

If you have the number one pick in this draft and you pick anyone other than Embiid or Wiggins then you've made a mistake.

Giannis and Henson should be untouchables. Everyone else should be shopped around.

It's so important for the bucks to assure themselves a top 4 pick. Which they are looking like a lock to do. If they come out of the draft with anyone other than Wiggins, Embiid, Parker or Exum I'd call it a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by QuetteHoops View Post
    If you have the number one pick in this draft and you pick anyone other than Embiid or Wiggins then you've made a mistake.

Giannis and Henson should be untouchables. Everyone else should be shopped around.

It's so important for the bucks to assure themselves a top 4 pick. Which they are looking like a lock to do. If they come out of the draft with anyone other than Wiggins, Embiid, Parker or Exum I'd call it a disappointment.
    I agree with your four, and I'd actually be happy with any one of them. I too like Henson and think he should be an untouchable, as I really don't see what we would get in return that would have the same upside. Green and growing is how they need to market this team, and Knight, Henson, Giannis and one of the four picks should be a decent core from which to build.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12