Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    If Villanova wins and John Dawson ends the game with 8 minutes played, how long will it take for bleed to say he was right all year and Buzz was wrong?
    Dawson should have played more.

A little more consistent guard play and the outcome is different today. I'm finally beginning to think at this point in the season DW and Thomas should not play at the same time. Some of Marquette's line-ups on the court were puzzling. The Oxtule combinaton is a waste of Gardner's talents. I'd like to see Otule and Taylor or Gardner and Taylor on the court at the same time. Mayo has earned more times. Dawson had some defensive lapses but I could live with them. Burton seemed lost. It was nice to see Luke Fischer on the bench today and Diamond Stone's family in the stands.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 01-25-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Ouch - MU falls to Nova in OT 94-85.

Crowd absolutely empties on last foul, how about supporting your team with applause for a great effort?
    Marquette gets way more support than they deserve this year speaking from a general perspective. People like us who follow the team 365 days of the year are in a small minority. For an 11-8 (now 11-9) team I think they had a great crowd today and most teams wouldn't come close to drawing what MU did today even with better success.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Dawson should have played more.
    Dawson was Mr Overtime against Gtown. Why did Derrick play so much???? He had some real costly turnovers and Arcidinacono blew by him on D. We KILLED Nova in the paints points war but when you have two ineffective guards in Thomas and Wilson who can't get off shots on the court you are going to lose the perimeter game. John Dawson CAN create his own shot and should be playing MUCH more.

Still, it was a great game. Hats off to Nova. If we hade made out FTs we would have won.

Dawson got annihilated on D when he was in the game. No way did he deserve more minutes.

I only saw the 2nd half. From what I saw, DWill got annihilated on D when he was in the game as well.

Dawson is more fluid offensively than DWill. When DWill has the ball and penetrates, he is far too mechanical and slow reacting. Dawson moves the ball better. After Monday Night, I thought he earned more playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Dawson was Mr Overtime against Gtown. Why did Derrick play so much???? He had some real costly turnovers and Arcidinacono blew by him on D. We KILLED Nova in the paints points war but when you have two ineffective guards in Thomas and Wilson who can't get off shots on the court you are going to lose the perimeter game. John Dawson CAN create his own shot and should be playing MUCH more.
    The one thing I think that we can say about this season is that if D. Wilson is going to playing 30+ mins against decent teams, MU is not going to win. Not going to say that more Dawson will equal more wins, but you have to find out. MU does not have enough talent elsewhere to cover D. Wilson limitations on the offensive-end. It is amazing to watch how much effort MU needs to get open shots in the half-court.

Even though Nova won today, Jay Wright's gameplan was horrible. By not doubling down on Gardner, Nova allowed MU to hang in the game. Almost, cost them.

The Nova PG, Arcidiacano had 20 points, 11 assists and had ZERO turnovers in 39 minutes of play. Great D job by Derrick Wilson, huh?. At least Dawson can hit the outside shot and keep Nova honest on "D".
    Last edited by ge1974; 01-25-2014 at 04:46 PM.

All the crap about Aaron Craft. National announcers thinks his $hit doesn't stink. Arcidiacano is his equal and may be better.

Dawson was torched in the first half.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast