Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread....

Yes, Derrick and Jake got burned D today, true.

People complain about Derrick & Jake's lack of O, true.

John, JJJ & Duane can't stop Derrick & Jake in practice.

So if Derrick and Jake are that limited in offense and those guys can't stop them, why do you thing they can stop Nova's talented guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

So if Derrick and Jake are that limited in offense and those guys can't stop them, why do you thing they can stop Nova's talented guards?
    Wait, so watching Dawson for 8 minutes doesn't trump all that? I'm confused.
    Last edited by kneelb4zerg; 01-25-2014 at 11:53 PM.

I may be in the minority, but I don't care about practice other than that they try hard. From all reports Jake has been lighting it up in practice since day 1. Hasn't showed up consistently in games. If Derrick is dominating in practice, he too has never shown it in a game. Bottom line is we are losing because our starting guards should not be starting guards.

We got major problems then. Jake and Derrick are the least talented backcourt in the conference. Both are extremely limited players.

The only problem I have with this is: do Dawson & Wilson sag into the paint off of Derrick? Or do they guard him straight up since they are practicing using MU's D? Because of course Derrick would look pretty good offensively if defended that way. The only problem is that no opposing team guards him that way, so those practice performances should be taken with a grain of salt if that is the case, IMO. Just my two cents, I don't hate Derrick.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    When MU was letting players get by them in the second half, Derrick, Todd and Jake could have used a blow and that's why I said John should have played. He hit one of the two three pointers on the night, so he might have sprung one of those as well.

This is exactly what I was saying at the time. Derrick wasn't bad by any means yesterday, but running him for 36 minutes was a problem. And one of the reasons Dawson looked back in the second half is because Buzz basically put him in with a second unit.

I think by far the bigger problem was a 2 guard that didn't shoot for 38 minutes and never scored.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013UnleashTheBeast View Post
    Or do they guard him straight up since they are practicing using MU's D?.
    No - depending on who is on what end, they will play opponent's D.

+1 million. My guess is those who are ripping Kneel up and down, won't do the same to you IWB.

our starting backcourt had 6 points in 65 minutes played. Nova's starting backcourt had 40 points.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    +1 million. My guess is those who are ripping Kneel up and down, won't do the same to you IWB.
    You know what, maybe they wouldn't stop Nova's talented guards, but they may actually put up some points themselves, and demand to be covered on defense. There is something to be said for that as well. Last time I checked, the object of basketball is to score more than your opponent!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast