Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquette jerseys for coaches v. cancer this Saturday

Marquette jerseys for coaches v. cancer this Saturday

It is hard to take any athletic team wearing pink uniforms seriously.

When my daughter was 13 or 14, her soccer team played a team called the Flamingos, which wore pink jerseys. I'd never seen anything like that before. I hate to say this, but that team played like their uniform color.

I get the reason for doing it - certainly a worthwhile cause. But maybe pink head bands instead? or pink wrist bands?

So in our biggest game of the year we are wearing pink jerseys. Angry face emoticon.

This is the kind of thing that gets national pub. Good move.

I like them! We are like the Oregon of football.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I like them! We are like the Oregon of football.

That's my thinking.

Big sales to female fans. You see a ton of pink Rodgers jerseys.

Jamil's mom passed away from breast cancer. Get over it.

Jamil wore some pink shoes one year at the pro am. I think Oregon wore pink shoes for a game.

Jamil said this game always means a lot to him. He said he usually writes his mom's name on his shoes and that he has also learned a lot about cancer over the years. He also said he tries to get involved with any cancer related charities.

To me there is one mistake with the uniforms. The outline of the name and numbers is light blue. Makes the whole thing look faded. If the outline was the dark blue they would look pretty slick. I said that in the media room and several agreed. Davante likes the yellow trim around the bottom.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast